Pastel Connor AU

Connor's POV

I was walking down the hallway when Ram pushed me into a locker. "What you gunna do, pretty boy?" He sneered. I looked down and tried to push past him. "Oi!" He yelled as he grabed the hem of my pink hoodie and slammed my body against the locker, harder this time. "Don't you walk away from me!" He yelled. I felt his hand pull the flower crown off my head. I looked up just in time to see him snap it in half. I felt tears build up in my eyes but I tried to blink them away. Any sign of pain only makes them do it more. "Awwww, baby's gunna cry." He sang as he threw it on the floor. Then he smashed one of the flowers with the heel of his shoe. I stared at the mess of pink and baby blue flowers that were torn up all over the floor. The wire stuck out at the sides.

Finally satisfied, he pushed me once again. This time I fell down the wall and pulled my legs into my chest. No matter how hard I tried, the tears didn't stop. Through my blurred vision I saw him walk off smugly. Then I noticed another figure running down the hallway towards me. "Oh you god, are you okay?!" I suddenly froze. I recognized that voice. That was the voice of Y/N L/N. The girl I'd been head over heels for for as long as I could remember. She would always smile at me as she walked down the corridor. I remember in 9th grade when she said she liked my jumper and I almost melted into a puddle on the floor.

I tried to wipe my eyes with my sleeve before she arrived. I stopped when sat down on her knees next to me. "Ram?" She asked. I nodded sadly. "Fucking asshole." She breathed. I felt her hand touch my check then she brushed a lock of my hair behind my ear with her hand. "Look at me." She requested. I looked up at her slowly. "Does it hurt?" She asked, I could see the care in her eyes. I shook my head weakly. Unconvinced, she went to stand up. A soft crunch made her stop. "Oh my god." She whispered as she pulled my flower crown off of the floor. "I'm so sorry." She breathed. "it-it wasn't you." I tried to stop her but she stood up suddenly. "Come on." She encouraged, offering me her hand. I took it and allowed her to pull me to my feet. When I was stood up she didn't let go, instead she squeezed my hand once and began to pull me to the doors. "um, I'm sorry. But, uh, where are we going?" I asked gingerly. She looked back at me and smiled, "I'm getting you a new one." She spoke so matter of factly that at first I didn't realize what she meant at first. "Oh, no. It's fine. You don't have to." I insisted as I tried with all my might to fight the warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach. Holding her hand was one thing but she was currently dragging me through school, just after the bell for next lesson, where absolutely everyone could see us. "I've never skipped before." I whispered as we reached the reception. "Well what lesson do you have?" She asked. I thought for a moment, "PE." She just smiled. "Well then, I'm taking you out for your first ditch ever." She whispered to me, pulling me through the door. I followed her untill we reached the cafe of the corner. "How about I get you a hot chocolate as well?" She offered.

Your POV

I saw him blush at the request. "Can I have cream and marshmallows?" He asked. "And rainbow sprinkles." I added. His eyes lit up. "that'd be really nice. Thanks." He smiled, still blushing. I ordered our drinks and stood in the line with him while we waited. "Thanks, for everything." He blushed, looking down. "I haven't even taken you shopping yet." I reminded him. He started to say something but was interrupted by the woman giving us our order. Connor took a sip. "You two make a really cute couple." the woman grinned at us. I watched as Connor almost spat his drink out. He swallowed hard and began rambling about how we weren't 'dating'. I took a sip of my drink then mumbled a quiet, "maybe if this goes well." Connor visibly froze, his face burning dark red as he reached out to grab the counter with his free hand. The woman just giggled and pushed us out the cafe. "Have fun." She called as we left. "So, flower crown." I offered. He just nodded.

We walked in silence to the shop. When we arrived I saw Connor smile. It was a beautiful sight. Connor picked up a light green band with lilac and white flowers on it and placed it on his head. "I like that one." I told him. "Really?" He blushed. "Yeah, it's cute on you." I watched as his entire face reddened.

"Those are buy one get one free." The man at the till said dully. "You should pick one for me." I told him. His eyes met mine and I saw his face light up. "Well you normally wear black. And red goes really well with black. So how about... that one!" He explained as he placed a flower crown on my head. It was a farm green band with dark red and pink flowers covering it. "Or this one." He suggested, slightly quieter. "It matches mine." He mumbled. It was the same shade of green as the red one exept it had dark purple flowers with a few lilac ones dotted in between them. I watched as he disheartenedly went to put it back. "No, I like it." I told him, changing it for the one on my head. "Look, we match." I told him. He nodded happily.

Once I had paid I took his hand and began to walk him back to school but I stopped when he didn't move. "Connor." I called quietly. "were you joking, before?" He asked. "When?" I asked. "I um, nothing." He tried to correct himself. "You mean at the café?" I asked him. "Let's just get back to school." He tried to leave but I grabbed his arm. "Connor. Do you... Like me?" I asked. He stopped, completely frozen. "Doesn't everyone?" He asked weakly. "I hadn't noticed." I smiled. Then he turned to face me again. I could see his blush clearly now. "How could I not like you. You're nice to me. You care." He told me. "And you're beautiful." He mumbled. I carefully took a step closer towards him and took his hand. "Are you going to kiss me?" He asked. "maybe." I smirked, placing my lips onto his. He staggered back slightly but kissed me back. His kisses were gentle and sweet. I tried to keep mine the same so I wouldn't scare him away. When he finally pulled away he was blushing again. "That was, wow." He breathed. I giggled slightly at his adorableness. "Sorry I'm blushing." He said turning away. "No no no." I whispered, pulling his chin so he was facing me. "It's really cute." I told him. He smiled, "good. Cause I do it a lot around you." I giggled again. "We should probably get back to school though." He reminded me. "Oh, have I got to take my goody two shoes boyfriend back to school now do I?" I joked. I watched as Connor stared at me. "What did I say?" I asked. "Boyfriend." Connor repeated. "you said 'boyfriend'." "Are you okay with that?" I asked. "What?" Connor asked, taken back. "I mean, yes. Oh my god yes!" He almost yelled. "Good." I smiled, kissing his cheek. "Then I've got my amazing boyfriend to walk back to school." I smirked. Connor nodded happily, squeezing my hand as we walked.