Princess Y/N

*This is the idea of the reader being a princess and Connor cleaning and working in her castle.*

Connor's POV

"Connor!" Larry called me, walking up to the table I was setting. "Princess Y/N wants to see you." I nodded and began to head upstairs. I felt his eyes follow me the until I began to climb the stairs. He'd become worried about me. I think he was beginning to understand I had feelings for her. When I reached the end of the corridor I noticed that her door was open, so I carefully stepped inside. We'd had quite a close relationship our whole lives, even despite the obvious gap in our status. She was a princess, soon to be a queen, and I was just someone who happened to work cleaning the castle. I saw her staring at the mirror in her bedroom. She was sucking in her stomach and trying to get a better look at the dress she was wearing. I walked up just behind her and placed my hands on her hips. "Connor!" She jumped. "Sorry, I didn't notice you." She said hurriedly. "No, don't be silly. It's fine. I should've knocked." Her face became comically serious, "yes, you should have. You can't sneak up on a lady like that." She broke her serious face and giggled. I chuckled slightly watching her pretend to be stern. "Especially when they're about to meet their future husband." She added, seeming saddened suddenly. "You're seeing him again?" I asked. Jealousy was building inside me. "Father says I must." She mumbled. Turning around suddenly so she was facing me, "how do I look?" She asked. Honestly, she looked like a princess. She was stunning and goddess like and "beautiful." I breathed. I blushed slightly but she didn't seem to notice, instead she turned to face the mirror again. We both looked at her reflection. Whenever I saw her in those dresses it reminded me how much she's grown and makes me think back to when we were children.

She would wear small frilly dresses that made her look adorable. I could still remember the time she kissed me. We were 7, or something around that age, and playing in the garden. Though I can't remember exactly what game. What I could never forget though was the moment she quickly pecked my lips with her pink ones. How quickly she pulled away and how much the two of us blushed like idiots afterwards.

Of course as we grew up she was taught what was proper and who she should and shouldn't marry. We stopped talking about the kiss after a few years. It was like it never happened. She'd kissed me since though. Only quick ones on my cheek, the ones that still made my heart flutter. I knew how lucky I was to even get those. She was always told how she had to marry a Duke or someone rich. I'd seen princes at the end of dances jumping up and down, "she kissed me, Princess Y/N, she kissed me." Then they'd hold or point to their cheek. I had always felt so tempted to mention how many times I'd had those too. Or how it was me she'd been dancing with in her bedroom as she learned all the steps. Or that I was the one who helped her into and out of her dresses. But I always thought it better to leave it.

There was a sudden knock at the door. "He's here." Cynthia informed her. Y/N nodded politely. "Thank you." Cynthia smiled and left us alone again. "I'll see you tonight then?" I asked. She nodded, "yeah, I will." Then she pecked my cheek one last time and headed for the door. "good luck." I tried to smile, she nodded and headed down the corridor.

I took a few steps back and collapsed on her bed. In all the time I've know her I've loved her. But now she's going to have to marry a guy she doesn't even love. Just because she was born to the king.

She'd always been the kindest to me. Never angry if I took days off, she'd even sometimes do my work with me so it was faster. Then she'd sit with me in her bedroom and we'd talk or read books together. I guess she was a rebel in that regard, she'd do things she shouldn't with me. Sometimes I wished it was more though. Sometimes I wished she'd sneak into the gardens with me and kiss me behind the shed. But I knew how much she'd risk in doing that. And I knew I didn't deserve it.