Chapter 7

The next morning we had to go down for breakfast early as we had a flight to catch. Maddie and I were first but the others soon started to arrive. Shifty sat next to Maddie and Sandy sat down beside him. When Taylor and Dave walked in Sandy waved them over smiling but her face soon changed when Taylor took the seat beside me. She scowled even more when Dave looked over to me and said "Emily, you did fucking great last night."

"Yeah fucking fantastic first night." Taylor added.

"Did you have any nerves?" Shifty asked.

I blushed a little at all the attention. "Yes I was terrified." I told Shifty.

"Well it didn't show at all." he added.

"She's a natural." Taylor said putting his arm around my shoulder and giving me a gentle squeeze. My heart leapt at the touch. "And I found her." he grinned.

"Yeah alright Mr-Fucking-Talent-Scout." Dave moaned giving Taylor a shove and everyone laughed except Sandy, who was still sulking.

When breakfast was over we all headed to our rooms to pack our last few bits before meeting back down in the lobby to check out and take the cars to the airport. Our luggage was packed into a van and soon we were all in the cars and on our way.

Once at the airport we all went through security and then sat in the lounge until it was time to board the plane. Time spent with the band was always fun. They were funny and kind, they always made me feel welcome and I was never made to feel like they were better than me even if they were famous musicians.

When it was time to board the plane I followed Shifty with Taylor, Maddie and Dave behind me. I took a seat and expected Maddie to sit beside me. I turned and jumped when I saw Taylor sat there instead. Maddie grinned at me before taking the seat on the opposite side of the isle where Dave was sitting.

"Not afraid of flying are you?" Taylor asked

"No, why?"

"You just look a little nervous."

"No I was just surprised when I saw you sat next to me. I was expecting it to be Maddie." I told him.

"Oh" he said sounding a bit disappointed "I'll swap with her if you like?"

"No!" I exclaimed a little too quickly and then blushed as I realised how it sounded "It's fine, I was just surprised that's all."

"Good" Taylor grinned "Because I like this seat and I didn't really want to move."

I couldn't help but laugh at him and he smiled that gorgeous smile that always melted my heart. I was going to enjoy this time with him even if didn't mean the same to him as it would to me.

We chatted and laughed for a while before Dave started to talk to Taylor. I was looking out of the window at the land and sea passing beneath us when I suddenly realised it had gone quiet. When I turned around Taylor was fast asleep beside me. I settled back in my seat happy to just watch him sleep, he looked so cute. I could have sat like that forever. Soon though I felt my own eyelids start to close and I went to sleep too.

When I woke for a moment I stayed with my eyes closed, head resting on a shoulder with the scent of someone I knew but was not totally familiar with in my nose. I felt warm and happy. My hand was wrapped inside someone else's hand and I didn't know if I still was dreaming or if I was awake. For a moment I sat not wanting to open my eyes and end this pleasant feeling.

Then all of a sudden I remembered where I was and who was sat next to me. My eyes snapped open and my head jerked up as I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment. I looked at Taylor horrified as I saw him wake with a start. "Fuck!" he exclaimed "What happened?"
Then he looked down at our hand entwined, his thumb were absentmindedly stroking the back of my hand. I blushed even more and stopped breathing and drew back my hand, really embarrassed.

I sat and stared at him but I could hear laughter close by. When I looked over I could see Maddie and Dave laughing. My eyes pleaded with Maddie for help. Eventually she got her giggles under control. "That was so funny." she said to Taylor "You were both asleep. I have no idea what startled Emily but she jumped so much she woke you as well."

Taylor looked back at me "You're still looking a bit shocked."

I breathed a sigh of relief that Maddie hadn't mentioned that I was asleep on his shoulder and he didn't seem to know. "I'm fine." I nodded "I must have been dreaming I guess."

"It must have been some fucking dream." he laughed.

"I don't remember" I told him. "Sorry I woke you."

"It's fine. We'll be landing soon anyway." I turned away trying to hide my embarrassment. Then I felt a hand on mine. "You sure you're OK?" he asked as he took my hand again and gave my it a gentle squeeze.

I looked at the hand on mine as I felt tingles in my skin at his touch. I looked up at him finally able to smile "Yeah I'm fine."

"That's alright then." he said smiling as he let go of my hand. I immediately missed the warmth of his touch. I wanted nothing more than to take his hand in mine and to hold onto him tightly. I'd never had feelings like this for anyone before in my life and it scared me, especially when I knew he didn't feel the same way.

It wasn't long before the flight was over and we were walking through the airport in London. I walked beside Maddie. "So did you enjoy the flight?" she asked.

"Yes it was fine." I answered. I looked over at her and she was grinning at me. I felt myself blush.

"I thought you might have done." She nodded "You had good company after all." She teased.

"Shhhh" I said and looked around to see if anyone else was listening.

"You're safe. No one's paying attention to us." she laughed.

"Thank you for making excuses for me on the plane." I muttered.

"It's fine. It's what friends are for." she answered "But are you ever gonna tell him how you feel?"

"What? No!" I said horrified.

"Why not?"

"Because he's never gonna be interested in me."

"What makes you say that? He's seems to quite like you."

"I'm sure he's just being friendly."

"He's not that friendly to everyone you know." she said nudging me as we walked.

"You're just saying that to make me think I stand a chance."

"I don't understand why you're so convinced you don't have. You're pretty, you're funny, you're talented. What's not to like?" she asked.

"Don't be silly." I told her "He could have any woman he wanted, he's not going to choose me. Now can we change the subject please."

"OK I give in." Maddie replied "But for the record I think you're wrong." she added as we followed the others through the airport to the waiting cars that took us to our next hotel.