Chapter 21

Emily's POV

I spent that night and the following morning shut away in the hotel room. I felt so miserable and I didn't want to face anyone. I had no idea what had made Taylor act the way he had earlier but my heart broke every time I thought about it.

Maddie ate dinner with me in our room but the next morning I sent her down to breakfast without me. I needed sometime alone to think. I knew she was trying to help me when she said she was sure everything was fine and that it would all be some silly misunderstanding but I didn't want to hear that any more.

I had waited all night for a text form Taylor but it didn't arrive so when I was on my own I sent one to him.
E:
'Hi Taylor. What's going on? Are you OK? Are we OK? Please just tell me what I did wrong?'

Again I waited but no reply came.

Taylor's POV

When we arrived at the hotel I grabbed my bags and headed to my room as quick as possible, I wanted to be gone before Dave arrived because I knew he'd want to talk to me and I didn't want to listen.

I stayed out the way until dinner time. I couldn't miss another meal with the guys without them asking questions but as I travelled down in the elevator my heart was racing. I didn't want to face Emily right now. I knew I was breaking her heart but I didn't want to have to see it. It was for the best in the long run I told myself.

As I walked into the restaurant I was relieved to see that Emily wasn't there. I heard Shifty commenting that she must still be feeling rough and I was happy to think that even though I knew it wasn't true. I sat down between Nate and Shifty just to avoid Dave who was already giving me hard looks. I saw a waitress walking past "Can I order a beer?" she nodded and carried on her way.

"A beer?" Nate asked "Has it been that bad a day? You hardly ever fucking order beer!"

"I just fancy one - OK?" I protested and heard the others all laugh.

I ordered dinner with the others but spent most of my time pushing it around my plate rather than eating it. Every time I moved Dave would try and catch me on my own to talk and it was getting more and more difficult to avoid him. The only thing that was numbing the pain was the beer and I knew I was drinking way too much of it. I was already starting to feel quite drunk. I hardly ever drank alcohol now and I'd not eaten much all day, it was a bad combination. By the end of the evening my head was swimming and I could hardly stand, much to the other guy's amusement. The only person who didn't seem to find it funny was Dave. I was staggering towards the bar to order another drink when he finally caught up with me.
"Oh no you fucking don't!" he told me obviously annoyed "I'm not gonna stand by and watch you do this to yourself."
He grabbed my arm, slung it around his shoulders and put his arm around my back to offer me support. Then he marched me from the bar towards the elevator.

When made our way back to my room in silence but once inside with the door closed Dave dropped me on the bed and leant over me. His temper burned in his eyes as he glared into mine.
"So this is how you're gonna fucking deal with the situation is it?" he yelled "This is making you feel better? You're gonna let Emily go because you're scared and drink yourself into oblivion? No fucking way man. You need to man up Taylor, just fucking man up! This is fucking stupid. Just admit to yourself that you fucking love the girl."

I got all my energy together and shoved him away. I didn't need him in my face right now. I staggered to my feet as I yelled "Just fuck off Dave. I told you I can't do this. I can't do it now. I can't ever fucking do it. OK!"

The anger drained from his face and he took me in his arms and hugged me. "I know you think that man, but you can, I know you can. Being drunk isn't the answer. Just fucking let her in man. Let yourself be happy again."