Chapter 22

Emily's POV

I was in a cab back to the hotel when my phone rang, it was Maddie.
"Emily?" she asked concerned when I answered. "Where are you? Are you OK? You just disappeared and I was worried."

"I'm on my way back to the hotel." I told her and now the tears started to fall "I can't do this anymore. I want to go home."

"Oh Emily. What's happened?"

"He was kissing Sandy." I sobbed

"The bastard. I'm gonna have a word with him." She almost shouted.

"No don't! Please don't. I just don't want to be here anymore. I want to go home."

"OK I'm gonna come back to the hotel. I'll see you soon. I won't be long I promise." She said and then hung up.

I sat in the cab and sobbed for a few more minutes before I managed to get myself under control. When I arrived at the hotel I paid the driver, almost ran to the elevator and went up to my room. Once inside I grabbed my bags and started packing everything away. I really did want to go home as soon as I could get a flight. I didn't want to be in the same country as that lying bastard of a man for a minute longer than I had to let alone the in the same hotel or on the same tour.

I'd almost finished packing when the hotel room door opened and Maddie walked in followed by Dave. As I stood and looked at them I felt the tears form in my eyes once more and when Dave strode across the room and wrapped me in his arms I couldn't stop them from falling. As I cried on his shoulder he said "Oh God Emily I'm so sorry. Taylor is a fucking idiot. I know he's scared but there's no excuse for this. I'm gonna fucking kill him."

"Why's he scared? What did I do?" I sobbed.

As he hugged me tighter, he kissed the side of my head.
"You didn't do anything. That's all down to his ex. But he needs to allow himself to be fucking happy with someone else instead of thinking it will end the same fucking way. I've tried to tell him but he's not fucking listening. Fucking idiot." He put his arms on my shoulders, held me at arms length and looked deep into my eyes "But don't you ever think you did anything fucking wrong OK because you didn't. This is all on him." Then he pulled me back into his arms and hugged me again.

After a few minutes when the tears had stopped he let go of me and I sat down on the bed wiping my eyes. Maddie sat beside me and placed her arm around my shoulders. "You OK?" she asked.

I nodded "I just want to go home." I told her.

Dave sighed and sat on Maddie's bed facing us. "Is there anything I can do to persuade you to stay? You can have time off. Or maybe go home for a couple of weeks and then fly back to meet us? I can arrange anything you want. I hate to think of you giving this up because Taylor's a dick."

I shook my head. "No I can't do this anymore. I can't face him or the others. I'm too embarrassed, what will the others think? I just want to go home."

Dave reached over and placed his hand comfortingly on my knee "OK look will you at least think about it over night? I know you're really upset right now and I don't fucking blame you but please just see how you feel in the morning. If you still want to go home I promise I'll arrange everything for as soon as I possibly can. Deal?"

I smiled at him as best I could, he really was the nicest man. I nodded. "OK I'll think about it."

He smiled. "That's good." He stood, leaned over and kissed my cheek. "Now I'll leave you two alone. If you need anything you let me know OK?" He looked at Maddie and me and the back to Maddie, his eyes lingered on her and her cheeks were pink. He paused for a few seconds as if deciding if he was doing the right thing and then he turned and left.