Chapter 19

Taylor's POV

I watched Emily race from the room her words still echoing in my head. Had she really said she loved me? I felt panic rising inside of me at the thought. My last attempt at love had been a complete disaster and I'd promised myself I'd never make that mistake again but here I was. What was I going to do? Did I want anyone to be in love with me? Did I want to be in love with anyone? I wasn't even sure I was in love with Emily. I knew I liked her. I knew she'd made me feel things I'd forgotten long ago and I knew I liked having her around. But love?

I lay in bed staring at the door she'd walked through not sure what I was going to do next. I knew one thing for sure, I wasn't going for breakfast. I couldn't see her again just yet. We'd got a few hours before we were due to check out and go to the airport and I needed that time to get my head straight.

All of a sudden I felt lost and scared. I wanted to hide like a child. I slid down in the bed, pulled the covers over my head and hoped the world would go away.

Emily's POV

I raced along the corridor to the elevator, back to my room and inside to get changed. Maddie jumped as I ran in. "Jesus Emily!" she exclaimed "You gave me a heart attack. And what time do you call this? I was desperately trying to think of a reasonable excuse as to where you were. Not that anyone was going to believe me after how Taylor acted last night."

"I know! I know!" I told her "I'm sorry. I'll be two minutes I promise. I fell asleep in his arms and only woke up a few minutes ago." I could feel myself grinning.

Maddie smiled at me. "You really like him don't you?"

I nodded my heart racing at the thought at what I'd just said to him. Maddie looked at me for a moment. "OK spill" she said "Something has happened hasn't it? I want to know what it is."

For a moment I thought about making an excuse but I was way too excited, I knew she'd never believe me. "I told him I love him!" I blurted out.

For a moment she stared and then she rushed over and hugged me tight. "Oh my God Emily that's amazing." she almost shouted "What did he say?"

Suddenly I realised he hadn't said anything, I hadn't really given him chance. "I said it and then left." I told her feeling a bit stupid all of a sudden.

She looked at me and laughed. Then she hugged me again "You idiot!" she joked. "Still it's exciting. So when did you realise you loved him?" she asked.

"I don't know. I think I've kinda known for a while but I finally admitted it to myself when we spent the day together."

She grinned at me "I want to hear all the details but right now we better go for breakfast or they'll be all sorts of rumours." She rolled her eyes "Now quick get ready."

I rushed around, got changed and made sure I looked presentable before we both raced to the elevator to go downstairs.

When we reached the restaurant area everyone was there except Taylor. We walked in chatting, took our seats and chose our breakfast. Maddie sat next to Dave and I couldn't help but notice the smile he gave her. I was really starting to think they'd make a great couple.

"So does anyone know where the fuck Taylor is?" Nate asked "Even he's not normally this late. I've never known him miss a meal completely." Everyone laughed. The other band members mumbled agreement that he wouldn't miss a meal. "Maybe someone should go and check on him." Nate went on.

"He's fine I'm sure." Dave told him "I'll give him another few minutes and if he's not here by the time I've finished my coffee I'll go and kick him outta bed."