Chapter 9

(Rouge POV)

I was walking around the fairgrounds and saw Blaze sitting in a booth with a large bowl of noodles. 

Rouge: Well, if it isn't my second favirote cat girl.

Blaze turned around and saw me.

Blaze: And here is the worst bat girl I know. 

I sat down with her.

Rouge: I'm the only bat girl you know. So, whatcha doin'?

Blaze: Just watching the tournament. They already announced the next two combatants.

Rouge: Really? Who's fighting?

Blaze: Penny and Pyrrha

I stood up quickly.

Blaze: Something wrong?

Rouge: I... I got to go!

I started to run then fly towards the arena. I had to stop this fight. Besides Ruby, I'm  the only one who knows why this battle is a bad idea. I was so close to the arena until four missiles stopped me mid-air.  Then a girl who looked just like Ruby flew in front of me. Only difference between her and Ruby is the color of their hoods and their hair. Her hair was white and her hood was black. Not to mention that her eyes were black with red pupils.

Rouge: Alright, who are you?

She pulled out her white scythe.

???: E-555 Metal Rose.

Rouge: Just like I thought. This had Eggman written all over it. Get out of my way.

Metal Rose: Negative. Mission: Prevent any disruption from Sonic and friends at all cost. 

Rouge: I said, get out of my way!

I flew at her. she took out her scythe and it began to turn into a missile launcher. 

Rouge: What the hell!?

Metal Rose: Unlike the original, my scythe can turn into any weapon of my choosing.

I quickly turned around to try to run away.

(Sonic POV)

Ruby and I were standing side by side in front of Mercury, who was standing on both his legs. Even though one of them should be broken.

Ruby: Mercury... what are you doing?

Sonic: Yeah. Weren't you hurt? What's going on?

Mercury didn't say a thing. He just smirked. 

Ruby: ... Fine. If you won't tell us...

Ruby attempted t walk past him but he blocked her path. We heard Oolecks voice on the speakers.

Oobleck: Fighters are you ready?

We heard the crowd cheering and Penny and Pyrrha going at it.

Mercury: Showtime.

Me and Ruby both tried to get past Mercury but he kicked us both back.  I ran to him and he tried to attack me. But I went for an attack of my own, forcing him to block me instead of dodge. This allowed Ruby to get past him. He tried striking at me again. I dodged his attack and kicked him back. Then I curled into a spinning ball and shot myself at him. He dodged my attack, allowing me to get past him. But when I finally caught up to Ruby, she was on her knees crying.

Sonic: Ruby? What's wrong?

I looked at what she saw. In the battleground of the arena laid Penny... cut into pieces before Pyrrha.