Chapter 3: New School Year

The children walk into the school after getting out of carriages pulled by invisible horses. the friends sit down at Slytherin table and wait for the sorting to begin, first years had still not yet entered the main hall.

the professor's were uncharacteristically late and had not yet arrived at their own table, but very soon they begin to stream to the table. it was only when a mysterious woman walked in that harry first became curious about that year's staff. "Malfoy? look?"

Draco turns around to glance at the woman who had entered and was now strolling up directly to the front table. "new teacher perhaps?"

After the sorting of the year Dumbledore raises from his seat and lifts both his hands. "student's i have an announcement. following the course of last year's events the ministry decided to send one of their own to...."

"what old man Dumbledore is trying to say is that i will be the new dark arts professor."the woman declares interrupting Dumbledore's speech, he gives her a what the fuck look before taking his seat. "My name is Delores Umbridge."

"she interrupted the head master... nobody has ever done that." Draco says baffled.

"i already don't like her." Jade grumbles.

"this year will surely be one for the history books. no one need worry about the so called return of he who must not be named." she glances in harry's direction. "so long as you are here in class i garentee you will be safe from the harms of the outside world."

Harry's breath catches in his throat, was it just him or did that sound like a threat directed right at him?

Delores is about to take her seat once more when a door in the back opens and Marcus Flint enters the room in a hurry and makes his way p to the professor's table. "nice of you to finally join us mister Flint." she says with a grin.

Marcus nods in apology and sits in a small chair next to Umbridge. "apologies ma'am"

"we'll talk about this later." she replies still smiling. she takes her seat and looks among the faces of the children again before turning to Dumbledore. "anything to add?"

Dumbledore shrugs and stands back up. "let the feast begin." he calls.

the friends eat quickly and then head to the common room for some rest. Jade is the first to break the silence hanging over them. "i have got a very bad feeling about that new professor from the ministry."

Harry and Draco both nod. "but at least she won't hurt anyone right? she might be a ministry employee so we only really have to worry about her status. she wouldn't hurt the students right?" Draco asks.

"i don't think so." Jade shrugs. "i'm kind of more worried about her thinking we are going to be like our parents."

The color leaves Draco's face. "if that happened would she have us arrested without a cause? can she do that?!"

"relax." Harry replies. "she's with the ministry if she knew your parents were death eaters she'd have reported them already. so i'm sure she doesn't know."

"my parents were known though." Jade replies. "they both died in Askaban."

"well we didn't know who you were before... maybe the ministry doesn't know about you?" Draco shrugs.

-meanwhile-

Umbridge enters her office and uses an unpacking spell to unpack her things. she then sits at her desk smilies and begins to write a letter.

'Dear minister, i have arrived to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. it is my first day and i have yet to encounter anything suspicious. i shall keep you well informed. as for the troubling student you mentioned previously, i shall take that child under my wing as instructed and make sure she does not follow her parent's footsteps. - Umbridge.'