Chapter 7: New plan

Draco and Harry wait for almost an hour, then suddenly Umbridge is heard throughout the school again. "Daco Malfoy. Report at once."

"Me?" Draco scowls. "What does she know?"

"Bella is your aunt right?" Harry questions.

"Only in relation to black." Draco frowns. "So she is going to dig up everyone's history just like Jade said. I guess I better..." He trails off when Jade walks in.

The pair don't say a word as they watch Jade walk across the room over to them. When she finally gets to the sofa she glances at Draco.

"Well?" he questions.

"She questioned me about the location of the known death eaters...  she brought up my family tree and then asked me if I knew where Voldemort was hiding... the interview was more like an interrogation." She mumbles.

Draco frowns. "Well, she's just doing her job, right?"

Jade shakes her head and looks at her arm. "I don't think she believed me when I said iI didn't know where they were at."

"We'll talk about this when I get back." Draco replies, looking at the ceiling. "It's my turn and I don't want to be late." He stands, taking one last look back before rushing toward Umbridge's office.

Harry glances at the clock and sighs. "Due to the interviews, classes for the rest of the day were canceled so it looks like we will have a lot of free time now."

The rest of the day continues with all sorts of students being called in and questioned, everyone returned safely back to the dorms afterwards. A few days pass and things go pretty much as normal, until one morning they walk into potions class and find it practically empty.

Draco sees Snape at his desk pouting. "Did you get fired?"

"No." Snape mumbles, glancing around. "I've simply had my curriculum changed. Everyone has."

"Changed?" Harry questions, looking at the empty shelves.

"The new headmaster has decided students can practice magic without any hands on experience. Everything fun has been removed and put into storage." He takes his book from his desk and stands up. "Sit down and we will begin our in depth talk about the effects of polyjuice potion."

"This is staring to sound like book club." One of the ravenclaw student's mumbles.

"We can't learn like this." Another student grumbles.

Snape glances at both of the students who had spoken, but rather then hush them, he simply nods lightly and continues reading.

After potions class Draco and Harry head for defense against the dark arts where they learn that, just like their other classes, they won't be given any hands on learning.

At lunch Jade meets up with the two of them and she shares her distaste for the new rules. "Uggggh." She grumbles, setting her wand on the table. "What's the point of being special and magical if they won't let us use it."

"I must admit this is a bit like a muggle school now." Harry says. Having been to a few years of muggle school before finding out he was a wizard, he knew what he was talking about. (Think about it though. He would have had to go to at least two years of school by the time he turned 11.)

"This is bull." Jade growls. "Voldemort is out there, and they refuse to teach us magic. When the time comes to fight, we won't be able to defend ourselves."

After lunch they go outside for some air. They get comfortable watching the sky, it's just then Harry glances up and notices Hermione standing behind Jade. "What do you want?"

Draco scowls.

"Were you talking about how unfair these new rules are at lunch?" Hermione questions.

"Yes." Jade grumbles, turning to look at Hermione behind her. "You got something to add?"

"You're right." Hermione mumbles. "Students aren't going to learn like This. I've seen the curriculum plans, it doesn't look good. If you're interested, Harry, we were planning a meeting to discuss these rules." She hands Harry a piece of paper. "Tell only those who you can trust and meet us there." She then turns and walks away after a quick glance at Draco.

"We aren't really considering this?" Draco questions.

Harry nods. "Actually this might be the best course of action we have against Umbridge right now. I say we at least go to check it out. What's the harm?"

Draco shrugs. "Beats non-magical studies I suppose."

Jade nods in agreement. "It might actually be fun."

-Elsewhere-

"Voldemort won't be happy about this." Marcus grumbles, staring at the fire pit in the Prefect's lounge.

Faith walks into the light behind him and the chair. "How were any of us to know that the new professor would drive him away. Surely he can't blame me for that?"

"Probably not." Flint shrugs, "he still won't be happy about this."

As the two are talking, the Ravenclaw prefect enters the lounge. She immediately notices the two are not prefects and raises an eyebrow. "What are you two doing in here?"

Marcus digs in his pocket and holds up a piece of parchment. "The assistant teachers don't have a lounge or bath area, so I was given permission to use both as if I was a prefect. She is here because I am helping her with an extra study lesson."

"Oh, i see." the Ravenclaw mumbles, turning towards a room in the back. "I came in here to relax but if you're busy, I'll take my things to the bath and leave you be."

Faith swears she recognizes this girl from someplace, but she can't recall where from. "Sorry if this sounds odd, but don't I know you from somewhere?" She questions.

"Maybe." the Ravenclaw shrugs. "I was on the Quittich team the last few years, I'm in my fifth year of school right now. My name is Erised Sed Hoffmire, but most of my friends call me Sed." She glances at Faith, but doesn't recognize her.

"Sed?" Faith puzzles for a moment. She then recalls the yull ball from the year before, but she stays silent about it. "Oh no, I guess I was wrong. Nice to meet you anyways."

Sed nods and goes into the back room to collect her things.

"Marcus!?" Faith hisses leaning behind the chair, "That girl is somebody precious to Harry. She had a crush on him since year one."

Flint smirks with a spark of interest glowing in his eye. "You don't say?"

"I don't think she recognized me." Faith replies, chuckling. "I didn't know she was a prefect this year. It's just too perfect."

"Sounds like you've got a plan." Marcus grins mischievously.

"I need to finalize some of the details, but otherwise, yes I have a plan." She chuckles.