Chapter 9: Secret Room

the next few days go by pretty normally except for Hermonie making time to talk to the slytherin boys about what types of things they should be learning. "well we can't rule out the possibility that we may run into death eaters outside of school." she says talking very quietly.

Draco glances around the empty quittich field and turns back to the conversation. "how can we be so sure they aren't in the school already?"

"that's a fair point." Hermione nods. "if any are right now they are probably about our age so i wouldn't imagine they would be full fledged death eaters yet. and i don't think new adults have joined the staff of the school since Umbridge so we can probably safely rule out there being a teacher after us."

"what about snape." Harry says in a low mumble.

Draco sighs and shrugs. "i don't know his loyalty seems to be easily one sided against us but i also haven't heard anything good about him from father over the years... seems neither side really trusts him but for Dumbledore."

"alright we'll keep an eye on him but otherwise everyone else should be clear." Hermione nods.

"if we should run into dementors." Draco says looking at harry. "you should teach the students how to perform a patronous. you did learn it already didn't you?"

"yes i did." Harry nods. "and you aren't wrong it'll be a good spell to learn if anyone should have a nasty encounter."

Draco is about to enter another thought to the group when he spots Jade running towards them. "heads up guys somethings up."

"Umbridge is coming!?" Jade says out of breath.

the group hurries and grabs brooms from the ground and pretends to be talking about quittich.

"and just what are you all doing out here this time of day?" Umbridge points at the sky which is quickly darkening as the sun is nearing it's setting position.

"head mistress." Harry bows slightly. "we were having a pleasant talk about the sport and this gryffendor girl who has never played before was asking us to explain the rules to her."

Umbridge raises an eyebrow but can't seem to find anything to be upset about. "very well, i do want you to wrap it up and head back inside now. Wouldn't want to be caught out after dark these nights." she glances around and smirks.

"yes ma'am." they say quickly and bow to her before heading up to the castle. once they reach the door they hear a horrible shriek and turn to see a bunch of dementors have just entered the school grounds.

"this just got very unpleasant." Draco mumbles.

this only restores harry's resolve to teach the students proper defense spells. He turns to Hermione. "we need to speed up our plans. there has to be someplace we can practice where she wont find us."

"just the shack but we only go to hogsmead once a week it isn't enough." she mumbles disappointed.

"what if we went to the chamber of secrets?" Jade suggests.

"it's a deep hole how would we get back out." Harry says. "last time we went down there we had to take turns getting lifted out by fox the phoenix but we don't have her this time. plus that's way to many people to have to lift every day."

"harry's right." Hermione nods. "it was a great idea though."

"seems like we will need another day at least to come up with something." Draco replies. "something in the castle would be nice."

"i'll see if i can find an easier way for us to get into the chamber and back out." Hermione says puzzling. "see you three tomorrow."

they watch her leave and then they glance outside again and hurry off towards their dorms. However, before they get to the hall Jade takes a detour. "i'm going to head upstairs and talk to professor twerlany."

the boys don't ask her why but draco is curious. he'd learned by now to trust her judgment on some things.

just as Jade reaches the seventh floor she realizes she had made a wrong turn. attempting to back track in the dark she turns wrong again and misses the exit ending up in a corridor she had never seen before. "curious that nobody ever comes up this way." she says to herself raising her wand up to use the light. "hardly any paintings up here either."

she walks for a few minutes before frowning. "i'm all kinds of lost." she sighs and leans against the wall. "i only meant to ask professor if she knew where we could meet up to study our spells. oh well it's probably best i not tell her anyway she doesn't seem to enjoy my company very much." suddenly the wall shifts next to her causing her to jump back startled. "wha!?!"

a door shapes itself into existence.

Jade grows to curious to contain herself and opens the door just a crack. "hello?" she peers inside and looks around. "it's a room full of old junk?" she says glancing around at piles and piles of junk from one end of the room to the other.

she looks around a bit and then leaves the room and retraces her steps back to the staircase. "i have to show harry and draco this weird room!?"

the very next morning she leads them to the seventh floor. she excitedly explains that a magical door is hiding in the wall and it was huge and filled with all sorts of junk.

"that's great Jade, but what we need isn't a room filled with junk. we need a room that is empty so we can fill it with people and teach them how to do spells." Draco says. "even if you found this junky room that doesn't help us..." he trails off when the wall begins to move. "what is that!?"

"the door to the room!?" she says excitedly. once the door has formed she opens and and points inside. "see!?"

"it's empty." Harry replies.

"hu?" she questions looking inside. "but it was full to the brim last night."

Harry looks around the room at some shelves of study books and scrolls of spells and even some training equipment. "this is bloody brilliant. it's like the school wants us to fight back!?"

jade is dumb struck she can't believe it's empty now.

"cheer up Jade this will work out." Draco chuckles. "this is way better then a room full of junk."