Chapter 6: New Rules

the morning after the first study group Harry passes by Snape in the halls. He was going to just pretend he hadn't seen the professor but it seemed Snape had other intentions.

"mister potter." Snape says glancing at harry.

"oh good morning professor." harry replies cautiously.

"i heard Dumbledore was back in this morning." Snape says glancing down the hall. "i'm aware of certain things going on about the castle these days. you were looking for him correct?"

harry pauses for a moment. "yes i was."

"make haste mister potter." Snape replies and then he wisps away down the hall.

harry turns back for a moment and then hurries to go find jade and draco. he finds his friends outside sitting on the grass and watching the clouds above. he walks over to them and smiles slightly. "i'm not interrupting am i?"

Draco chuckles without turning his gaze. "not at all. what is it harry?"

"i've just been told Dumbledore is back from his meeting at the ministry. we should go see him about umbridge." he replies looking up at the sky to see whats so great up there.

Jade looks down from the sky at the back of her hand and frowns. "finally a chance to tell the headmaster about this awful scar."

Draco nods and stands up. "let's not waste time then."they begin their walk to Dumbledore's office. They are about to reach the magical stair case leading to the upper floor of the office when it suddenly springs to life. not knowing who could be coming out of the office the children panic and hide in a nearby closet.

they are at first relieved when it appears to be just Dumbledore, but before they can muster up the nerve to call out to him another figure makes its way out of the shadows from the way they had just entered moments ago.

Dumbledore seems a bit surprised to see the figure which they can't entirely see from where they are hiding. "Delores? can i help you in any way?"

the children hear her snicker as she clearly is in a good mood about something. "let us skip the formality Dumbledore. we both know you weren't meeting with the minister these last few days."

"i've no idea what your insinuating Delores." Dumbledore replies calmly.

"don't play coy with me albus, did you really think i wouldn't be able to check with the minister? he had no such knowledge of a meeting with you. so where were you really at?" she growls lowly. "i now where you don't even have to say. you continue to hide the murderous dog Sirius black from the ministry. it was him wasn't it?! you left to go check on him!?"

"Delores, that is preposterous. i have already told you i have no idea where he is hiding." Dumbledore remarks.

"don't insult me with your lies Dumbledore." there is a soft patter of a few pairs of feet and they hear other people murmuring about something. "you clearly must think me a fool to think you could slip out unnoticed for a few days."

"Delores says you up and left the school claiming to be at the ministry when in fact you were not. care to explain?"

"i have nothing to say. i don't need to defend myself to Delores. she is a teacher and therefore she answers to me not the other way around." he replies.

"be that as it may Dumbledore as a member of the counsel she out ranks you when it comes to your ministry standings. you may not have to answer school related business to her but when it comes to black or any other matter of magical error you will comply."

"or what?" Dumbledore questions. "this is my school only i have authority here."

"then we will just have to make you talk." she growls. "i am hereby placing you under arrest for suspected terrorist activity and for aiding and embedding the criminal known as serious black!"