f i v e

Keith awoke the next morning slightly sore from sleeping on the ground but no longer cold. He was kind of hoping Lance would still be cuddled up next to him, but to his surprise, he was gone. Keith began to sit up, he rose he arms over his head and let out a sigh. This place felt like it was getting more beautiful by the minute. He could see the dew shimmer in the morning sun, it really took his breath away. Keith stood up and really began to take it all in. He mumbled to himself "Maybe crashing here isn't so bad."

Little did Keith know Lance had snuck up behind him.

"Morning Mullet"

Keith probably jumped 6 feet in the air, grabbed his blade swung it around and had it pointed at Lance. Inches away from the tip of his nose.

"WOAH! KEITH! It's just me"

Keith lowered his blade and grew flushed.

"Sorry Lance, I guess I'm just a bit jumpy."

"It's all good man."

Lance patted Keith on the shoulder and walked past him toward the fire pit. Lance appeared to have found a flat rock and proceeded to put it on the hot coals. After a few minutes, he cracked 4 eggs onto the rock and started making some delicious smelling sunny side up eggs.

"Lance where did you get the eggs?"

"Okay Mullet, this is gonna sound kind of bad but I stole them from what I think was a birds nest." 

"Wait, you saw birds?"

Lance began to take the eggs off the hot rock and put them onto a different rock to cool.

"Well no, but they look like robins eggs. Same color and size."

The longer they spent on this planet the weirder it got, it felt so realistic and.. earth like.

"Lance you don't think...?"

"No, that wouldn't be possible, we were clear on the other side of the universe in a whole another galaxy."

"I know it just seems so... real."

After eating their eggs and sitting in silence for what seemed like forever Lance finally broke the tension.

"Um, I'm gonna go get more firewood."

"I'll just stay here."

Lance began walking away in the same direction he walked yesterday when Keith remembered that flower he saw.  He quickly stood up.

"On second thought, I'm gonna go and look for some things as well. See you in a couple of hours?"

"Sure Mullet."

They both started walking in their desired directions until Lance was out of Keith's sights. What took Keith an hour to get to before took him 30 minutes today, or maybe it was closer than he thought. Keith walked up to the glowing purple flower, having the time to actually look at the flower he took all of it in.

The petals that he thought were purple before were actually so crystal clear he could see his hand when he waved behind it. It appeared it always had a dew like look to them to make it glow more. The purple haze was starting at the stem and working its way into the petals. Keith was about to grab it when some kind of small creature ran past and was cut on one of the thorns. Purple slime like stuff oozed from the thorns and stayed on the rodent as it ran off.

Well I don't want to get cut by one of those, who knows what might happen, Keith thought.

Keith took out his blade and began to cut a circle around the flower hoping he wouldn't damage any roots. He knew Pidge would know something about it but he had to keep it safe until then.

He pulled out a small container he has brought with him from the lion and put it inside watching it continue to flow mesmerized Keith, You know one little touch won't hurt... Keith set the flower down and took off the glass lid and moved his hand closer and closer until...

"MULLET"

Once again Keith was terrible startled by a blue eyed cuban boy. This time he was gripping his whole body around a tree. Basically like a kola bear.

"Oh my freaking... what Lance!!"

"Wow, well someone's mister cranky pants!"

"Just get on with it." Even though Lance couldn't see Keith rolled his eyes.

"Oh anyway, come back to camp I made dinner."

Lance made dinner? Again?

"On my way"

Keith picked up the flower and began walking back towards camp but the purple haze was just sooooo. Keith shook his head. There's gotta be something I can cover this up with. He put the flower down and took off his shirt and draped it over the container.

"There no more purple haze!"

"What Keith?"

"Oh nothing Lance, I'm almost back!"

Keith walked back into the camp and saw Lance cooking something over the fire, but chose to ignore him and walked straight into his lion and set the flower down.

He quickly returned outside and walked up to Lance.

"Whatcha doing?"

"Well Keith, I'm almost done with dinner, I found some like mice type things and more berries." Lance looked up at Keith as he kept cooking and noticed the bare ness of Keith.

"Um Keith.."

"Yeah Lance?"

"Is there a reason why you have chosen to not wear a shirt?"

Keith felt his whole face go red, he forgot he had taken it off to cover up the flower! So now he was standing in front of Lance, in front of the guy he secretly liked with no shirt on!

"Oh my gosh!" Keith quickly ran back to his lion not realizing Lance tried to grab his wrist. Keith was beyond embarrassed. He quickly grabbed his shirt off of the flower and put it on. Then he dropped a towel over the flower so it's stupid haze wouldn't get to him.

Keith walked back out to find Lance finished was finished cooking dinner. Keith hadn't really realized how good of a cook Lance was, he knew Hunk knew how to cook but apparently Lance did to.

They were silent for a while before Lance broke the tension. 

"You know, I didn't mean to embarrass you."

"Huh?" Keith made eye contact with Lance.

"I said, I don't mean to embarrass you. I get it this planet is kind of hot. There's nothing wrong with having your shirt off."

"Oh that.." Keith felt his face begin to flush red again.

"Here Keith" Lance winked at Keith and keith's heart fluttered. "I'll prove it to you."

Lance began to take off his shirt slowly showing his beautiful skin and his body.... oh his body. Lance should really stop wearing oversized clothing because his body is beautiful. Keith watched at the T-shirt slightly gripped on to each ab Lance had. It felt like everything was moving in slow motion. Lance finally pulled it all the way off and threw it to the side.

"See Mullet, there's nothing wrong with showing a little skin every once and a while."

Keith let out a slight gasp of breath, slightly eyeing Lances toned body.

"Now eat Keith, I didn't make all of this just so it can get cold."

Another great meal means another end to the day. Keith was pretty tired so he later down first. He was bound to figure out that flower so he knew he needed sleep.He didn't know when Lance made it to the make shift bed because he fell asleep when his head hit the pillow. Keith awoke it the middle of the night to find Lances arm wrapped around Keith's waist this time without reason. Keith didn't know what to think, so instead he flipped facing Lance and held him through the night. Making it and Keith quotes himself.

"The Best sleep ever part 2"