e i g h t

Keith had all of the important stuff packed back into red and his armor on way before the team found them. Apparently, the lions couldn't drop in close and they wouldn't actually make it to Keith and Lance for another hour. 'Well great, another 4 hours with Lance..' Keith thought as he walked over and slumped on a log. Lance walked out of red with the bottom of his armor on and the skin tight shirt. He noticed Keith slumping. Lance opened his mouth as though he was about to say something but then just decided to head back into red and continue getting dressed.

After getting all his armor on he began looking around. He knows Keith asked him not to touch anything but he was curious as to what he kept on his lion. Lance saw the basic things like the extra clothes and supplies then he walked over to the counter and saw a picture of him and Shiro. They were right outside the galaxy garrison and Keith was actually smiling. Just looking at it made Lance chuckle. He then sees a picture of the team from one of their first missions. Everyone looked so happy and so ready. He even noticed that this was one of the only times Keith and Lance weren't fighting with each other.

Lance continues his snooping and sees a drawer that's partially open. He opened it fully to find more pictures of the team and a journal? He opens it up to find the first 20 or so pages written in Korean, that must be stuff about his old life. He flips the next pages and sees September 24th, 2313. Wait. That was my first week at the Garrison. Lance wasn't gonna read it but it was written in english so he couldn't resist.

"Um, Hi again journal, it's me Keith. I'm back at the stupid galaxy garrison again. Man I hate having to take classes. I just wanna fly, everyone here knows what I'm capable of but the stupid commander won't allow at 2nd year to fly yet. Shiro has been helping me work on my anger issues and Adam makes me dinner so it's been nice to sort of have a family again. I thought this year would be pretty similar to last year until the new recruits walked in. Let me say most of these morons probably won't make it past a month but who knows. There's one boy in particular that caught my eye. I know, I really shouldn't be getting a crush because it will mess with my training as Shiro says. But. I can't help it. This boy is one of a kind. At least my new family doesn't care that I'm gay..."

Lance stops reading for a second and sinks to the floor. Keith is... gay? His entire face flushed and a smile grew. He then continued to read on.

September 30th, 2313
"So can we talk about this guy I like. I mean he's amazing. He has brown hair and big blue eyes and skin that's silky. He's gotta have some kind of skin care routine."

Wow Keith's crush and I have a lot in common, Lance thinks and keeps reading.

"I'm hoping I can talk to him soon but every time we made eye contact I get scared and run away. Man I hate these stupid feelings. I mean this kid is probably the 2nd best pilot here. After me of course. But his skill is amazing. I would love to train with him."

October 23rd, 2313
"He started calling me Mullet. At first I thought it was a compliment but now I'm realizing he's insulting me. And it sucks because it doesn't take away how much I still like him. Especially when I hear him speak spanish, it make my heart skip a beat. Oh man, I'm not actually in love with him am I...no of course not Keith you're fine!"

November 4th, 2313
"HE PUNCHED ME, HE ACTUALLY PUNCHED ME! My crush and I got into an argument today and it ended with a full fist fight and I having a bloody nose. On top of that they plan on sending Shiro to Kerberos which means I won't even have a family any more.I hate this! I hate this school! I hate my life! And I hate him!"

Sheesh Keith your emotions are all over the place this fight almost reminds me of the fight I had with you as well. Lance continues to read on, only to find a huge time gap.

May 1st, 2314,
"Shiro left for the Kerberos mission, him and Adam broke up. The guy I like glares at me and I got kicked out of the garrison. So I'm just gonna be alone for a while and collect my thoughts. This will probably be the last time I write in this journal as well and I don't want to look back on any of it. With everything that's happened the biggest thing that sucks is that I.. I still love him. That stupid cuban boy! Damn you Lance McLain..."

Lance slowly closed the book and felt tears welling up in his eyes. He never realized that Keith loved him. He thought he was an ass hole but now he can see that he himself was the ass.
This explains everything though, the flirting l, the kiss.. Could it be that Keith still loves him after all this time?

Lance wiped his tears away and set the journal back into the drawer. He then walked off of red and saw Shiro walking towards them.

"Shiro!" Keith beat Lance to the punch and he quickly ran up and hugged Shiro.

"It's good to see you two in one piece!" Shiro said while ruffling Keith's hair.

"Yeah, the crash landing was not apart of my to do list." Lance said with a quirky smile. He looked over at Keith to see if he had reacted but Keith wasn't looking at Lance.

"So anything crazy happen while you guys were stuck?"

Silence falls over the 3 of them. Lance opens his mouth to speak when Keith quickly chimes in.

"NO.. sorry. Nope nothing crazy just good old stranded ness"

Lance was shocked. Did Keith really think he would just flat out tell Shiro what actually happened??? Of course not, Lance was not that type of guy. He did know that he had to find some alone time with Keith to talk to him about what REALLY happened. Lance looks over at Keith again and smiled slightly, but Keith quickly looked at his feet.

Getting him alone is gonna be the most difficult thing Lance had ever done.

"Well boys, why don't we get you back to the castle"

"Yes please, I don't wanna be here any longer"

Keith quickly walked over to Red with Shiro. Pidge was on the coms and told them exactly what needed to be done to get the girl up a running again and just like that.

RAWWWWWWWR.

"There's my girl" Keith said with a smile.

Lance couldn't help but blush.

"So Lance, Keith obviously has to take Red back but who do you wanna ride back with to the castle?"

This is it Lance just say Keith and you have perfect one on one time!

"Lance should ride with you Shiro, he's had enough of me"

Keith quickly stepped onto Red after that, and flew off towards the castle.

"Well buddy looks like it's just you and me"

"Yeah..." Lance was kind of broken but hopefully he could fix things back on the castle.

With that, they made the trek over to Shiros Lion and left that mysterious planet in the starlight.