He's My Knight In Shining Armour

A/N: Just a forewarning there is some violence in this chapter and a small not detailed story about a (not real) rape. I understand this is a very important but touchy subject. Please read at your own risk. There could be something triggers in this chapter. I am sorry if this pertains to you. Please message me if you need to, I am always here!

*************************************************************************************

[Kady POV]

The last few days felt so long. I hadn't talked to anyone but Jason in the past four days and I felt like I was going crazy. I'm currently in my room watching one of many favorite Netflix shows, 'Gossip Girl', and yes yes I know, what a cliché thing for a girl like me to watch but I loved the drama and come on Nate Archibald was a total hottie! I couldn't help myself. It was nearing nightfall and this had been my life since Christmas. Just watching tv, talking to Jason and crying every now and again when something sappy or cute came up in my life. I felt miserable and tired and just worn out from everything.

I hear a knock at my door and wait for Jason to come in. When he's still waiting, I croak out, "come in"

He steps into my dark room, smiling at me like my dog just died or something. I roll my eyes. I know he felt bad for me and felt even worse that the day it happened he wasn't even around. Every time he talked to me it was like he was walking on eggshells, just waiting for me to bust out crying or punch something...which I have been doing so I guess I don't blame him.

I pause my show "yes?"

"I won't take long but I know there is going to be a party going on for New Years. You should come with me"

I sigh and sink farther into my comforter, "I don't know Jay"

He rolls his eyes and comes to sit in my bed with me, "scooch fat ass" I grumble and scoot over so he can fit next to me. We lie in silence staring at the paused screen in front of us.

"Kady, I know you're hurting but staying in your room all day every day is not going to heal these wounds any faster. You need to get out and get distracted and forget. Even if it's just for a little bit." He says softly. I hum and lean on him. He was sort of right. I knew this could be so much easier I just felt so sad and didn't want to make any effort even if it meant being happier. I just wanted to mope in my room and cry and never leave.

"Come on Kady, I'll be there and all your friends will be there and a certain someone won't be there. It'll take your mind off of everything, just for the night at least....come on sis" He gives me a hopeful look and it would be too hard to say no to those puppy dog eyes.

I look up at him and he's already smiling, knowing he got me.

"Fine" I grumble and he laughs, pulling me in for a hug in which I return with a smile. I love my brother, really and truly I don't know how I would do life without him.

[New Years Eve]

It's the night of the party and I looked good. Not to toot my own horn or anything but I did. I felt great for once because I looked great. I had my hair straightened and my make up all done up for New Years. Sparkles were everywhere and I loved it. 

I'm wearing a pretty short t-shirt dress but it was covered in gold sparkles and sequins, to of course, match the theme of the party I was going to. I paired my bright gold dress with some black lace up heels. After I take many selfies and look at myself several times in the mirror, I find myself unable to stop smiling. I feel so confident. I was actually feeling excited for this party now that I was dressed.