He Claims It's About The Journey Not The Destination

7 Days Till...

Ruby left as soon as she woke up which was around noon. She looked like death and said, and I quote, "I'd like to vomit and be revolting in the comfort of my own home." I cleaned up the mess that Luke and Ruby left behind from the previous night. After I finished all that, I texted Mason to see if he wanted to hang out and he replied almost immediately saying he was busy.

Groaning, I decide to surf the channels on my television, which I do so for almost an hour, oh my god I am so bored! Ruby has a really bad hangover, Mason is "busy", Jason is always at the ball fields, like what am I supposed to do? Entertain myself? Um, no.

My phone starts to buzz and it's like god was listening to my internal rant. I notice it's Luke calling me and I answer on the second ring. 

"Yes?"

"Well hello Kadence"

"Hello Luke"

There's silence and I look around my room, waiting for him to explain why he called me. When he still doesn't answer, I speak up

"Okay so why did you call me?"

"Can I not just chat with you? Why do I need a reason to call you?"

I snort, "Luke Hemmings?Just wanting to have a chatsy on the phone?Ha yeah okay"

He's laughing on the other end and I can imagine him nodding his head because I'm totally accurate. "Yea that does not sound good together.But alright, I called you because you're going out with me"

"Oh yea? What makes you think I'll just listen to you?"

"Oh please I am an exciting person, you secretly want to go with me"

"Not really" I lie. I'm so bored I'd go with anyone at this point, but I'd never admit that to Luke.

"Okay, well then I'll just back out of your driveway and go alone"

My eyes widen and I jump off my bed, peaking out my window to see if he is lying or not. Luke is sitting there in his jeep, staring directly up to my window, he waves lightly, smirking.

"Fine, give me a few minutes" I step away from my window and end the call. I then proceed to brush my teeth and get dressed into some jeans, combat boots and a pea-coat. Tying my hair up into a bun, I grab my purse and phone running downstairs and out the door.

I lock it behind me quickly as I am already feeling the cold air of December. I walk slowly down the steps of my house, careful not to slip on the ice that covers the entire surface of the sidewalk,driveway, porch and the steps.

Suddenly Luke blares his horn, scaring the absolute hell out of me and also making me loose my balance. I fall right onto my butt on the last step and slide not very gracefully on the sidewalk. I roll around and grip by elbow that I also hit on my way down.

I hear the drivers side door open and then the loud sound of Luke's laughter. I look up a little after rolling on my stomach and see him crouching and laughing hysterically, jerk.

"Oh my god Kady" He wheezes out. I slowly and carefully get up, giving him the middle finger as I'm doing so. Finally Luke sobers up enough to walk over, not slipping might I add, and grab my arm, hefting me up on my own feet. I snatch my arm away as he begins to laugh all over again.

"Fuck you" I grumble, wobbling over to the passenger side of his jeep. Luke hops back into the drivers side, and waiting a few minutes for the heat to return back to the car after Luke left the door open.

"I swear I only honked to tell you to hurry up. But man that was way funny"

"Sure you did" I cross my arms over my chest, frowning.