He Says I Owe Him 500

[TOMORROW]

After Luke and I got our coffees, me getting a caramel macchiato him getting a double chocolate chip frap, we decide to take a walk down to the park not far away. Thankfully today was somewhat warmer than the past week. I’ve been avoiding the question swimming in my head since Luke pulled into the parking lot.

We were walking closely side by side in silence watching the leaves blow around in the street from the slight wind. We come across a bench that overlooked the playground, a few children were running around acting the fool but other than them it’s pretty empty. I sip on my hot drink and take a deep, shaky breath.

“I’m a virgin” I blurt out, those three words hang in the air tightly.

I’m scared to look at Luke so instead I watch the two kids play together not a care in the world not an issue to be had, what a life that was back then. I take another deep breath and continue

“And, Mason isn’t”

“No shit?” He asks surprised “Little Mason isn’t a virgin? Wow…” Maybe I shouldn’t have said that? I finally look at Luke and he’s watching the same kids as I was, coffee in one hand and a fresh cigarette in the other. His leather jacket is not zipped up and he has several holes in his black jeans.

“Aren’t you cold?” I tug on my coat with my free hand. He turns towards me, taking a drag on his cigarette.

“Not really”

I drop my gaze to his right hand that holds the cigarette.

“So why are you telling me this?” He whispers. I play with his ring on his pinkie and the sleeve of his jacket nervously. I shrug a little and look up at him, squinting a bit because the sun was right in my eyes.  He watches me in curiosity, squinting also.

“I want you to change that”

When he doesn’t answer I say the thing that’s been on my mind since last night

“I want you to take my virginity Luke” I say quietly, he blinks

“Excuse me?”

I chuckle uneasily and look back down “I don’t want to look stupid with Mason; I want to be better than every girl he’s done before me. I want everything to be perfect with him and for that to happen” I pause and suck in a sharp breath “I need to get out all the nervousness and I guess practice? I trust you” I finish

I can feel him looking at me skeptically bringing the cigarette to his lips

“You trust me?” He asks the smoke streaming lazily from his nostrils. I look up at him, nodding furiously and taking a drink, the hot liquid burning on the way down.

“I don’t know Kadence” I chew on my lip, oh my god no, please say yes “I don’t mess with virgins” He says, looking forward.

“I know, but this isn’t normal circumstances. I’m not going to be attached or anything. You’re my good friend and I just really need your help, please” I beg, he stumps out his smoke and rubs his chin in thought. Don’t say no.

“When will we being do it?”

“Tomorrow, at my house. Jason is going to Ashton’s and you already know my parents aren’t home”

He nods and a small smile breaks out onto my face.

“Okay, well what about your girl Ruby?” He says, thinking he got me

The smile drops, my shoulders slouch and I chew on my cheek. Of course, Ruby is still crazy about him. I can’t lose my best friend…unless…she never knows what we did.