He's Alone For Thanksgiving Part 1

The next morning I could not escape the piercing ache that was spread across my head.

"oh god" I mumble out loud, sitting up very, very slowly. I honestly did not think I drank that much last night.

"Hey sis, thought you might like these" Jason whispers from my doorway, right on cue.

"Oh Jesus, thank you" I reply stretching out my arm out as Jason comes in to my room all the way and places two tablets in one hand and a glass of water in the other.I down both Advil's with a large gulp of water and sigh out in relief before setting my water down on the table next to my bed.

"Thank you" I repeat, Jason chuckles and pats my shoulder lightly. He gets up to leave and before he closes the door he turns towards me.

"Mason stopped by about an hour ago; he said he really wanted to talk to you"

I groan and slide into my covers once more. I did not want to talk to him but if he claims it's important then it probably is.

"I told him to fuck off and wait for you to call him" he continues, I giggle lightly in my covers peeking my head over the top,

"thanks" I whisper, he shrugs and begins to close the door

"wait" I call out, my voice hoarse.

Jason pokes his head back through the door, eyebrows raised and waiting for my question

"where's Luke?"

He smirks and laughs a bit under his breath

"What?"

"Nothing but since you were wondering he's fast asleep in the guest bedroom"

He finally closes the door and I look at it confused...why did he laugh and smirk like that? Like it meant something when I asked where Luke was? That wasn't a big deal right? Frowning I grab my phone from underneath my pillow and check the time.

I was not only surprised by the time, which is noon but also at how many missed calls I had and text messages. Jeez someone's popular. Instead of reading all of my messages that, of course, were from Mason I decide to call him. He picks up on the first ring

"Kadence Jesus" He says out of breath

"what"

"Why didn't you answer me?"

"Excuse me? I have a life, I don't always have time to answer you or drop everything to reply to a text message" I shoot back angrily.

"But I'm your boyfriend"

"Seriously?"

"Yes seriously you should always answer me or my calls"

I scoff and at this point I'm considering hanging up on him.

"You know what can we just meet at the park? On 5th?"

"Yea I know where it is" I snap

"Okay so half hour?"

"Sure"

"Thanks see you then, love you"

I hang up and get out of bed slowly and make my way into the bathroom. I wash my face and brush my teeth quickly, trying not to jerk my head too much, the Advil yet to set in. After getting dressed in something casual I drive out to the park, of course mason is already here.

He's always 20 minutes early to everything and I mean everything. He's sitting on a bench overlooking a pond,his hands fiddling with the phone in his hand. I walk up slowly and sit down next to him, waiting for him to speak first, as I'm partly confused as to why I'm here and not in my comfy bed anyway.