1214 Sawtooth Drive

1214 Sawtooth Drive...

     That's what the wrinkled piece of paper said. I knew the address, or rather, I knew of the address. Some new suit had bought a huge piece of land just south of town. They were building all kinds of warehouses and such. Making some sort of industrial park out in the sticks.

     Could that be the guy? Was the suit the head honcho?

     This whole business seemed dicey. For one thing, the Tailor had just tried to bury me with the fishes. For another, I had no gun, no plan, and no backup. I should probably find a phone and call for the black and whites.

     But, if the Suit had the girl, and the Tailor was headed to meet the Suit...

     I didn't have time to waste waiting on some flatfoot.

     I pressed the accelerator, the bread truck thundered down the road. If I was gonna have any chance at showing up unnoticed, I was going to have to find a different set of wheels. Elephants aren't exactly known for their stealth, and this truck sounded like a whole heard of them!

     Then, up ahead, tail lights. The Tailor's Studebaker had just come into view.

     Maybe I could catch a break. After all, what gunsel would expect a drowned man to be chancing him down in a stolen bread truck. It was time to put this meatball through the ringer and find out just what kind of business he had...

On Sawtooth Drive.