A Dynamite Gal

A Dynamite Gal...

     has a presence about her. Like everything in a room revolves around her. Men gravitate towards her. Women notice her also. She gives off an energy.

     I remember the first time the girl stepped through my door. Those bright red lips. Her eyes were mesmerizing. Pale blue, flecks of green, framed with dark, smokey lashes. By definition, she was a knockout.

     Now, the same girl sat maybe twenty yards away. Her face was almost unrecognizable, twisted into a mask of terror as she screamed. The smokey lashes had melted into a pair of inky pools. But it was her. Nobody could mistake those firecracker lips.

     By all accounts, I was in a jam. I had no gun, no back up, and was crouching behind a large crate of TNT. The Suit had thought I would make for good target practice, and had every intention of finishing the job that his Tailor had started.  

     I had tried to count the shots. If I had counted correctly, and assuming that he always carried a loaded pistol, he had two shots left. When he reloaded, I was going to make my move. I waited, two more shots...

     "Two....One!"

     Click!

     I sprang to my feet, sprinted across the warehouse floor, and tackled the man to the ground. Out of the corner of my eye, a glint of silver, a knife. I was barely able to get my hand around his wrist in time. His eyes burned with fury as he fought to plunge the knife into my throat. 

     Now, in a fight, anger can either be an ally or an enemy. The good news for me was that his anger was his enemy. As he jerked the knife around sloppily I was just able to catch his pinky, and with a quick twist, the knife clattered to the floor.

     When he lost the knife, his resolve seemed to waiver. He no longer had the upper hand. 

     "Okay, detective..." he said, pulling his hands up to his head. "You got me. What do you say we make a deal?"

     "I don't deal with the likes of you." I said through gritted teeth.

     "No? You haven't even heard my offer yet? Let's say you release me, now... and my men won't turn you into bullet sponge." he smiled, glancing around the room.

     Around me, a dozen men had gathered, all holding automatic rifles.

     "Now how about that deal?" he chuckled.

    "I've got a better deal." said a strong voice from behind one of the men.

     There stood the girl, free from the chair she had been tied to. At her feet, the Suit's knife. In one hand she held a freshly lit cigarette. In the other, a large bundle of TNT!

     What did I tell ya...

A Dynamite Gal!