CHAPTER ONE - Girl Meets The Boss

It is a foggy day, Allie thought to herself, too dark for a bright brain. She put on her white sleeveless shirt and black pants. She didn't want to look too casual with all of her vintage dresses but she didn't want to look too formal either. She never knew what 'in between' meant herself but she was able to tame her sense of fashion, somehow. She was going to meet the famous Xander Wilde for her internship, due to her excellent grades in university, The University of Gotham placed her in one of the best architecture firms in the world and the best one happens to be in Gotham, being runned by redheaded Xander Wilde who reformed Gotham's urban design. She was going to observe architectures to compare them to engineers which is what is going to form her essay of the term. She aimed to finish the first grade of university with an impressive result. 

She made her last touch with a blue clasp she put on her hair. She made sure her bangs looked nice and she was ready to go. When her uber came in front of her house to pick her up, she quickly ran inside of the car and gave the address to the X.W Construction building. The driver said "Oh the address is not necessary, almost everyone knows where X.W Construction is." and Allie replied with a simple "Oh," making her blush a little bit. She wasn't sure what to expect because due to her natural high expectations in life, she often got disappointed when the things weren't how she imagined in her head. But this time she knew she wouldn't be disappointed because the name "Xander Wilde" rolled around everyone's mouth in Gotham for a period of time. There was both good things said about him and bad which was normal since he made a plan good enough to kill Jerome Valeska. She didn't mind about the bad things people said, she wanted to decide whether they are true or not after she saw him herself. 

After being lost in her thoughts and the image in her head about the building and him, the driver shouted to her; "Lady, we're here!"

She gave him the money and got out of the car. After all those paranoia about being disappointed, she wasn't disappointed at all, to the contrary she was amazed. Her eyes glowed as she looked at the big and tall building. It had an unusual design.

Two cars beeped the horn behind her, which is when she realised she was still standing in the middle of the road

Two cars beeped the horn behind her, which is when she realised she was still standing in the middle of the road. But it's hard to blame her, it is not like you see a building like that everyday. 

She walked into the building, almost ran. She wanted to look cool so her inner thoughts repeatedly said "be cool". A tall woman with a tight and straight hair style was coming towards her. She guessed that was Mr. Wilde's assistant, she looked pretty formal compared to her...or anyone in the world. 

She approached to Allie and said "You must be Allie Stark, the new intern. Welcome to X.W Construction," while she put her hand right behing Allie's back to lead her to his room. "We've all been curiously expecting you since you are the first intern who is going to work with Mr. Wilde face to face." they stopped in front of a huge purple door.  That must be his room, she thought. "Mr. Xander will see you now. Good luck." she said and left her alone in front of the door. Her heart was beating faster than the usual and her heart beat always fast. I should see a doctor sometime.

She pushed through the heavy door and once she got in, her eyes met with a pair of penetrating green eyes that felt like they saw right inside her. Inside her mind, her heart and her soul. Looking at him gave her a fever and she was almost sure that her face has turned into a tomato by then while her mind turned into a smoothie of thoughts. She didn't even know what she was thinking anymore since there was so much going on inside her head and he looked pretty static like a calm river in a quiet day. No expression.

He pointed at the leather couch in front of his high quality desk so she went and sit on the couch. 

He opened his mouth and words started to float; " Welcome to my office, Allie Stark the new intern. Knowing your grades, I expected a stereotypical nerd wearing glasses."

She heard but her brain didn't process what he said, neither what she said considering what she said was "I'm cool!" right after he finished his sentence. Once she realised what was going on, she wished to go back to her mother's womb.

"I-I mean..." she uncontrollably chuckled, "what I am trying to say is...umm-"

"I understand your thrill. But this is a safe place so don't overthink." he said. She was weirdly fidgeting. Her leg bounce was 140km an hour fast but her incompetent brain processed what he said this time, what he said was rather soothing for her. Normally other people are not as good at calming her. 

"It is better than not to think at all since I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for it. Don't you think?" She was congratulating herself in her brain for giving a witty comeback.  Hope he won't roast me, she thought.

"It is better indeed. It seems you are an entertaining girl, aren't you?" he said.

"Depends on if you like entertainment or not." she replied. He didn't look like the kind of man who would watch a sitcom in his spare time. He didn't directly reply to what she said but the fact that he came to the main point did say a lot about his opinion on entertainment.

"You will work as my assistant for a week. Since there's no time to lose you better get starting right now... by dropping these files to the accounting and finances department. And then I will want  you back in my office, there is a matter I would like to have your opinion on."

"Will do!" she replied cheerfully and picked up the files from his desk. While she was walking out to the accounting department, her mind got stuck on what is the thing he wanted her opinion on. She kept asking people where the accounting department was but she still couldn't find it so she left the files on a random place. She was too excited about what Mr. Wilde said to her so she quickly went back to his office. She opened to door halfway through but then she remembered that she forgot to knock so she closed it back and knocked, then got in. 

She saw Mr. Wilde standing up. He was almost as tall as the building that we are in. Well, not really but he is at least 1,80cm, she thought. His classy suit made him look rich for sure but not it wasn't overdone. He had consistency on everything for sure. 

He turned to her and asked "Did you handed the files to the accounting department?" with still a firm face. She wasn't sure what to say but his intimidating look caused her to hesitate on saying no,

"Uh- yeah! Yeah, I did." she said. She could see him sigh and almost raised an eyebrow. He looked weary and she didn't blame him. 

"What you should know is that I don't like it when you attempt to lie." Oh shit, she thought.

"What? What lie? I'm not lying??" she said as she was half smiling with a nervous face. 

He looked even more weary, "Yeah sure." he said. So he does see right inside me. She knew he wasn't buying it but she was just glad that he was chill about it. She got the nerves to change the topic, "So you wanted my opinion on something, Mr. Wilde?" 

"I do," he replied. "Get your coat." he said as he was walking out of the office.

While she was quickly going after him like a puppy, "But I didn't bring a coat?!" she said.

-

HI EVERYONE! I've been thinking about starting this book since the first time I saw Jeremiah on gotham and now I am making my dream come true :D As a cliché i didn't make the first chapter so exciting but the second chapter will be longer and more exciting to stay tuned...PLEASE

also i'll be glad if let me know what you think so be generous in the comments :D