CHAPTER NINE pt.2

Jeremiah smoothly drove through the papparazzis midday. 

"Didn't know you were a conservarive, wifey." he replied. Allie was no expert in politics like Jeremiah who had a degree in political sciences, but she sure knew more than the average person. Therefore, it didn't take long before she objected to his judgement; "I may be a lot of things but a conservative ain't one of them, mister!" she disapproved. Jeremiah smiled at her opposition. If she was gonna protest againt him at something, he'd very much like it to be about this subject.

Allie was too loosened by his kiss to bring up the principal thing, but her curiosity quickly collected herself from the glamorous memory of Jeremiah's lips. 

She asked "Why did the principal lose his job at the constroction company thingy?" staight-forwardly and not very seriously. Jeremiah took a short look at her, not deciding if he should tell the truth just yet, until Allie came in saying "If we're gonna do this I need to know the truth, right?" 

Jeremiah nodded, "You're right. Except there are somethings that are better remain unknown." he said. Allie's stubbornness hadn't showed yet, but he was about to meet it.

"You can just tell me what you know, or I can start digging this thing. Your choice." she threatened. Jeremiah smiled lightly, tilting his head a little. Allie could be a killer queen too.

"It's the classic story, Alls. We started the company together, he wanted to sit on the throne, take the bigger share. And I didn't let him." he explained. It was far shorter than what Allie expected but information is information. She was lowkey satisfied that she got him to tell her what happened but Allie wasn't 100% sure if that was the whole truth, yet she didn't give it much thought. They had arrived home in no more than 5 minutes. "Well, don't you got studying to do? Off to your room." Jeremiah said and gave her a push on the back which left Allie with an unpleasent frown, but she did go to her room even though she was unwilling to, because she really did have studying to do. How much further she could avoid school work? She decided that she procastinated enough and took out some textbooks and highlighters from her backpack, put them on the white study table. She put her hands on her waist and took a deep breathe before she set her mind to sit down and do some reading.

It wasn't like she disliked reading, because she didn't. But she disliked reading for a grade. After forcing herself to get some information into her mind anyhow, her eyes subconsciously intentionally slipped to clock to see it's been 15 minutes since she has started to study. Deciding she's done enough studying, she got up and take the road to Jeremiah's study room. She figured he'd be doing some reading but Allie opened his room's door carelessly anyway. The room was empty, so she went back to upstairs to his room feeling foolish for not checking his bedroom first. She was sure that Jeremiah was in there by his voice that she heard before she opened the door, which made Allie to hesitate. She ear dropped;

"Right now, I need you with me Ecco. Will you be with me?" 

Allie dithered. She felt a tremor in her stomach, but she turned the door handle anyway. Allie walked into his room with a fake confidence and a sheepish smile as two pairs of eyes diverted to her. Ecco was standing in front of Jeremiah. There was a reasonable gap between the two. Ecco was quick to collect herself but Allie didn't miss the uncertainty in Ecco's eyes. She was confused.

"I'm done studying. Let's do some illegal stuff!" Allie suggested with thrill. She was of course joking around by suggesting to participate in illegal activities, but Jeremiah understood her language enough in order to figure out she meant to execute her aspire to engage in tangible steps.

Jeremiah signaled Ecco to leave the room. He approached to Allie and place his hands on her shoulders, "We are going to announce I'm the new candidate for mayor." 

Allie clapped her hands. 

"The brochures and booklets are ready to distribution. And you better put on some powder, we're going to be on TV." he said as he took out his packaged suit from his wardrobe. Allie widened her eyes, "Really? When? For what?" she rained questions.

"Well...It's time to publicly announce we're doing it. That we're getting married." he stated. Taking in all the information, Allie had felt left out for not taking a say in all the arrangements.

She took a moment to breathe, "Why didn't we choose how and when to announce that together?" she asked.

Jeremiah had already taken off his shirt because the shower was waiting for him, but he at least took time to communicate with her. "It's not something that was set weeks before, my assistant Ecco signed the contract for today's program on Gotham TV, and I allowed her because the sooner we do it the better. We need to act quick from now so that we can blur people's minds with vague news and hoodwink them before they know it. Got it?" he demanded.

"Got it." Allie affirmed. Jeremiah was good to go to shower. But he took a moment to glance over her. He got closer to Allie and said "Your figure looks good in tight dresses." before leaving Allie alone in his room. She had a moment of shock before leaving his room to enter her own room. She glanced at the dresses she had in her wardrobe for occasions like this and started to try out dresses. It took her about 30 minutes to get ready and Jeremiah had already knocked on Allie's door by the time Allie was scanning herself on the mirror. She quickly opened the door and Jeremiah lifted his eye from the curtain up to Allie's body, glancing over her beautifully shaped body. She had no big breasts or bottom like the others but she had a way of catching eyes. 

Jeremiah smiled, "You look lovely." he was in a black tuxedo with a purple jacket. Allie felt a warmth in her cheeks and she tiled her head, rolling her eyes a little before thanking him. 

"After you." Jeremiah gestured. They linked arms and trotted off to Gotham TV studios. They were welcomed with compliments and affirmations. Being led to on screen, they heard the host saying "And please welcome the grand architect and our potential mayor Jeremiah Valeska with his partner Allie Stark!" followed by claps. Jeremiah greeted them, looking very comfortable with the attention while Allie looked the same on the outside but feeling overwhelmed on the inside. She still managed to smile sincerely and wave to the audience. They took their seats on the sofa. 

Jeremiah gave comfort to Allie by placing his arm around her shoulder on the sofa. He had the same kind of smile as Allie had and it felt slightly strange for Allie to see him putting a that kind of smile on his face. Scanning the audience, she could easily tell majority of the people were impressed by his charisma and charm. A small talk between the three of them had already took 5 minutes of their 10 minute run on the program.

"Leaving the business aside, where is your relationship headed with the beautiful miss Stark?" the host asked curiously, knowing the viewers would be interested also. Romance news always catch everyone's attention. 

Jeremiah raised eyebrows "Well, my dearest piece of gem will be the one to answer your question," he said and stood up to kneel down. Allie widened her eyes, almost hearing her heart beating. She knew what was coming.

Jeremiah took out a ring box out of his pocket and spilled out the magic words; "Will you marry me?" 

Allie stood up in excitement, she knew what she had to do but she felt a small leak of hesitation in her heart. If she said yes, she was going to be financially and legally under control of Jeremiah due to some contracts she had signed without thinking. But Jeremiah's penetrating eyes made her feel compelled to say yes, so she did. Her final thought was "If I'm going to do this, I must free myself from worries. No regrets."

Jeremiah put the ring on her thin finger and then he wrapped his arms around her. She buried her face in Jeremiah's chest, avoiding the deafening cheering from the audience. Even though she didn't say it with words, Jeremiah easily detected her discomfort so he let her stay hidden in his chest while he placed one of his hands on her head in order to give her ease, and smiled at the people clapping. 

There's no hiding in show business, unless if you have someone to cover you.

--

HI EVERYONE!!! I didn't have the motivation to write for a while but i'm back now! Or at least i hope so. What do you think about this chapter? Comment down below and dont forget to vote please

love ya all <3