CHAPTER SEVEN - Get Well Soon, Allie!

Allie had known what she had done, but she wasn't thinking about it although her breathing was still heavy. She felt desperate at that moment like she had lost something, or something was chasing her and she had to escape. The unfortunate is, she was in no position to escape. Nowhere to go and no energy to run away. She could only create another world and a life inside of her head that she's never been to and spend some time in there. Living in a state of dream was the closest thing to running away but as Jeremiah's voice got clearer, it got more and more impossible to focus in her new creation. She saved what she'd created as draft and thought she'd go back to it when she was in her room alone. 

It was extraordinarily strange to realise that even though she was spending time in her own head and not paying attention to Jeremiah who'd been holding her hand, his name was still slipping out of her mouth. After she was fully conscious, her eyes found his. It felt like the sun coming back to sight after a rainy, cloudy day. Jeremiah was more curious rather than worried. Which wasn't like he didn't worry at all, but his curiosity overweighed.

"Am I still in the land of living?" Allie asked, before Jeremiah could say anything. Now he was sure that she was better since she was being goofy again.

Jeremiah smirked, "Depends, my dear. I can pinch you so we can know for sure, if you'd like." he suggested. Allie's face turned into a  grimaced expression; "No, thanks."

Jeremiah fondled Allie's head in response and she snugled her head into his hand like a cat. She was coldly perspiring, and she felt cold. All of those senses hit her slowly. 

"I'm cold." Allie bemoaned, as she hugged her blanket more and more. When she was a kid, her dad never cared to stay up with her until she got better although he did cover her up with a warm blanket and made sure she survived. He'd to her, if he was on a good day.

Jeremiah nodded, "I know. You are burning. Ironic, isn't it? People feel cold when they have a fever." he said. Allie hugged to her blanket even tighter. That's when Jeremiah knew she needed to make a call to the doctor, but he had to make her comfy first so he picked up Allie straddling style and carried Allie to the bed. He wasn't sure if he should take her to the hospital or  fetch a doctor to the house. He was seesaw between to opinions because both of them had cons. He couldn't be checked into any kind of government based platform because he couldn't be seen by his enemies until he made his big public rise. Therefore, he decided he wouldn't take her to the hospital unless she got bad to the point of fainting. He didn't want anything bad happening to her but he couldn't risk anything when he was very close to his goals, at any cost.

He went to downstairs to bring her antibiotic. Allie absolutely and definitely hated how it tasted but there was no choice except to take what he gave when she didn't have any energy to resist Jeremiah. He predicted she should get better in an hour, so he decided to continue developing his plan about the man he was particularly interested in aka his biggest enemy. 

"You will probably fall asleep so I'm gonna leave you to rest. Don't dare to leave bed." he warned her. Allie gave him a downcasted look, not being content about him leaving her alone. Jeremiah of course read how she felt on her face. He sighed before he closed the door and said "I'll be back in an hour or two, okay?" he said. Allie only nodded which left Jeremiah to say "Goodnight, kitten." and go to his study room yet once again.

Jeremiah wasn't exactly pleasent about leaving her by herself either but she had to sleep and he had work to do. He especially needed her to be healthy because he couldn't reach his goals like he wanted to otherwise. 

"Let's see who makes you tick, Dr. Ignatius."

--- two hours later ---

Jeremiah was carried away with his work. He had lost track of time like he always does when he dedicated himself into something. At that point, he wouldn't even notice if someone broke into his house. Well, that's probably because the thief wouldn't make his presence known by causing some noises and he wouldn't go and say "Hi," with a tired voice, unlike Allie.