05

|f i v e

|f i v e

She was sitting in a cafe.

It was a cold afternoon, and she mindlessly flipped the pages of her book as her eyes skimmed across words that she couldn't comprehend
Since the previous night she had yet to see Adam again and that worried her immensely. But there was something else that w constantly nagging her.

A voice in the back of her mind that repeatedly told her that something bad would come her way.
And it did. In the form of a man.

His steps resonated across the cafe. His dark personna grasping each eye. His lips curled into a devilish smile as he stalked forward and sat in the seat opposite her.

"What in the world?" She gave him a confused glance.

"I'm not from this world," he leaned back into his chair,"Infact, I don't belong to any world." And he chuckled at that last part.

"What do you mean? And why are you sitting on my table? And why-"

"You simply talk too much," and without a pause he stood up, his hand outstretched, "Come. Let's talk."

She knitted her eyebrows together.

What is wrong with this guy?

"I'm engaged." She said without much thinking. Infact, it easily slipped off her tongue.

He rose an eyebrow, retreating his hand as gave a humorous laugh. "Not yet sweetie. Even I know that."

And then he immediately clicked his fingers and suddenly the cafe faded into darkness, the voices and chattering faded into silence as she stood in shock, her mouth agape.

"How did you do that? What are you?" Her voice shook with fear of what stood before her.

But then it came all back. The dagger strapped to his side, the long and black robe, that same dreadful yet milky voice. It was the man from her nightmares.

She gasped with the sudden epiphany. And he seemed to enjoy it. "Do you remember me?"

"I do. I-I do," she spoke against her better judgement because she feared what might happen if she didn't answer him.

And she felt herself go back in time as she froze in shock and fear of how she had felt all those times before when he had come to terrorize her.

"Please, just let me go. I haven't done anything to you, then why, why is it that you wish to haunt me?" Her past came flashing before her eyes.

And if she thought he wasn't real then, at that moment she hadn't been so sure of anything else in her life.

"Today is a special day, my dear, for today, you shall receive your curse and all that comes with it."

And then she mentally cursed herself for her words the day before.

• • •
A/N:

Hey! If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote and follow me.
Also, feedback will be appreciated a lot.
Love y'all