15

He looked at me with misery forming in his eyes. He somehow looked so scared. Something I was yet to understand. He was Blake the great how can he show fear of all weaknesses.

He uttered those three same words. " I am sorry". A pang of panic engulfed my body once more and I pleaded with him to put the dagger down . He stood there without speaking further. I couldn't even begin to imagine what he was thinking in his messed up mind.

I couldn't even begin to imagine why I was here. Helping him. I could just walk away and let him drown and die of blood loss at the same time. But I was drawn to save him. How could I  care for such a man.

Did I really care or was I tying to save myself. I knew if he died the way he did I would be the prime suspect. Was I being selfish or smart.

I stood there stood there anxiously for what felt like the longest moment in my life. A few moments went by and he dropped it on the floor. The dagger bounded on top of the gravel ground and a loud thud snapped me from my thoughts

Blake hung his head in what seemed to be shame.

I rushed towards him and kicked the dagger away from his reach. He let out a sob and I physically felt sick.

I felt a mixture of emotions. A faint part of me felt sorry for him. But a big part of me didn't care for his feelings. He was probably being the drama queen he was and tying to win me back. I knelt down and hugged his body. I gave him a long hug. His body was shaking underneath me.

When he finished crying we sat there for a while without speaking. To be honest this is the first time I could look at him without fearing for my life. The big brute was struck and I was going to find out why he even cared to shed a tear for my miscarriage.

I looked at his face a while longer whilst he looked ahead. He quickly wiped tears that were forming in his eyes. I was honestly baffled. I never knew he was someone that looked to be hurting.

I decided to speak up because it was starting to get a bit awkward and to save myself from another physical fight. " Come on , people will be wondering where we got to" I said as I was about to stand up.

Instantly his hand latched on to my wrist and I looked at him in shock. This was not the time and place to fight him. I was seriously done fighting him. This miscarriage proved to me that he was not only an abuser but a monster.

However, to my surprise he spoke in a fearful tone. His hands shaking gently on to my wrist, " I-I want to e-explain my actions-". I felt forehead vain throbbing as anger erupted inside of me but somehow I buried it as I sat back down next to him.

I looked at him dead in the eyes and said, " explain yourself? What is there to explain?! My child was forming inside of me and now it's dead because of you! I knew you were a monster but I didn't know how bad you would go to hurting me! What have I ever done to you? And to think that I saved your life makes my stomach turn".

Blake looked at me intently he seemed to tense as I shouted my last words. " I have hurt you so much and I know there is no way you could ever forgi-"

I instantly cut him off at how egotistical and insensitive he could be. " Forgive?! Oh you know you will never be forgiven by me and don't tell me about I will change or some fucking shit because I know men like you! You prey on innocent women and try to control them in the most inhuman ways. I may never understand why you decided to abduct me...r-rape me...physically assault me and forcibly marry me but one thing I do know is that..you are deeply troubled and there will not be a day that I will stop fighting you for my freedom! For the freedom of Suha and the freedom of your people who have been nothing but loyal to you"!

I ripped my hand of his grip and got up. I saddled my horse and looked back once more. I had a terrible habit of ranting till I couldn't speak no more.

" I am honestly disgusted at how your father tolerate-" a horrific shout blocked me from speaking further. Blake had got up and was panting angrily. He was starting to scare me and the only thing my gut instincts was telling me was to run. And for once I listened but before I could run he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me down with him. I crashed with a thud and lay there dizzy. He was on top of me,  his expression changed instantly to worry. 

I gripped my head to stop my dizziness. He let go of me as if I was hot coal. I slowly got sat up and he started to mumble apologies after apologies. I got fed up to the point where I raised my hand to shut him up. I needed to think and what my next move would be.

My life and his life was a game of chess I prayed that none of us was going to checkmate one another. He was deeply troubled and he needed therapy. I was his punching bag or 'coping mechanism' as some would like to call it. If word got out that I was fighting my h-husband I would be ridiculed and insulted for being a 'bad wife'. I knew I was not ready to take another blow and spoke up once more to instruct him to come back to the house.

" We need to g-go Blake it's getting dark!"

He slowly got up and I walked behind him hoping he would follow my instructions.

Suddenly he stopped walking in front of me and turned around. He looked at me his eyes soulless.

And said..

" He raped me.."