26

In the morning the atmosphere was different. Anyone can see that I was still on edge and not completely yet comfortable around Blake but I didn't feel as though I had to fight him every chance I got. I noticed the past couple of days I was around him , he seemed more relaxed and less tense.

I decided to take a walk around the gardens , just to clear my head. I was feeling stuff I was praying would not be possible. As I made my way to the doors I was embraced by the warmth of the sun kissing my face. I longed for the warmth as the breezing from the trees fluttered my chiffon dress; baring my legs. I slightly giggled as I saw two guardsmen stiffen with shame. I could see their cheeks turn red with embarrassment. I walked around them smiling whilst they simultaneously bowed their heads

I smiled and walked off to the gardens.

A few moments later I found a spot on top of soft grass and roses surrounding me. I took a deep breath and just sat there; staring into space.

I couldn't remember how long I was outside but I was zapped out of thoughts when a maid came to me saying Blake was searching for me. A few weekends ago I had a big argument with him about sharing the martial bed with him. I was not confident and didn't want to throw myself at him. It was just a moment of weakness and sadness.

" I'll be over in a minute" I said.

She smiled and inclined her head before walking back to the house.

A few moments later I was in suit and came back inside. I saw Blake looking at me intently as I had done something wrong. But once he saw my puzzled look he quickly masked it with a 'fake' smile. My attitude was beginning to emerge again but now was the time to get a lot of my chest.

" We need to talk!" I sad bluntly as I walked past him as an indication for him to follow me. Miraculously he did without bitting my head off. I approached the study near the dining hall and went inside it and he did the same.

"Brianna? What is going on ?" His voice a bit shaky. I turned around looking at him dead in the face.

" Where is Suha?"

He stared at me silently for a little while as I prayed silently that nothing happened to her. I know I 'rebelled' in his eyes but we shared a common ground when it came to fighting for survival and having our innocence ripped from us.

" She's safe if that's what you are asking" he sighed.

And that was it for me. Him sighing as it was a big ask triggered me.

" Oh excuse me for worrying about my best friend, especially when I've been asking about her since she was taken away from me!" I said sarcastically. My outburst caught him off guard as he looked at me annoyed. I turned away from him before turning around to leave but out of nowhere his hand gripped my wrist....softly.

I yanked my wrist off his grip and just looked at him dead in the eyes.

"What do you really want from me Blake because every time you and me are around each other there's only pain and destruction" I said fiercely; bits of my spit flying into his face.

He just stood there motionless and that was my excuse to leave. Weirdly a bit of my chest hurt , have I hurt him or myself? For the second time I attempted to walk out to the door but I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard...whimpering. Curiosity took over me and here I was looking back to see Blake wiping tears from his face. What the hell! I screamed in my head. Why? What? As those questions were going through my head he spoke up.

" You want to know the real reason huh? Well let me clarify it for you! From the moment I met you my soul was aching , it wanted something to love it. I struggled to show love but I craved it so badly. My heart was scarred but I thought you could heal it. And I was right but I hurry you once I saw how brave and strong you were. I wanted to be in power ok! I hated hurting you every day. And worst of all I was responsible for our baby's death. There is not a day that goes by I don't think about him or her. I'm so sorry . You might be over me but I promise you please give me another chance" He sniffled. The big bad wolf was crying I thought to myself.

But so was I ! Involuntary tears have seeped out of my eyes. I was so thankful for his apology. I found closure and my heart shifted as it finally moaned in joy. It was repairing itself but in the process Blake's was shattering. I could instantly tell he was hurting and now I couldn't help but go over there and give him a big hug.

"It's ok, anyone can see you heartache and I will help you heal if you show me all that you are without using anger and aggression as a weapon" I soothed.

He nodded underneath my grasp even though he was over six foot he felt smaller than an ant. I stood there just rubbing his back before he calmed down and wiped his final set of tears. I smiled faintly at him and just like that we both sat near the balcony.

" Um- I want to say that Suha is alright, she's safe in Avonlea? You know the town near us? I placed her in a safe house where she safe I promise you" he said out of the blue.

I smiled with a massive grin and thanked him for the revelation.

" I would really like to see her" I said.

He smiled and said we will go visit her tomorrow.

You are probably wondering why I am in the lions den but a part of me hoped I could help him. I just needed him to trust me and to reveal his true self. I have been ruined ten times compare to him but no matter how much I wanted to hurt him! Kill him I couldn't gather the confidence to hurt him. That revelation about his turmoil as a child has changed my perception about him.

We started to talk just simply but the more I talked to him the more his presence was bearable.

" Hey! Do you remember when it was my 11th birthday and the whole town was shut down and everyone watched me parade through?" He said.

" Yes! Oh you were a show off'' I exclaimed.

He chuckled and weirdly I didn't notice he had beautiful dimples.

" Well I saw you in the crowd and though you and I knew you were the one I wanted to marry one day!" He smirked.

Instantly my mods changed and I felt cold shivered course through my body. He sensed the mood changed and sat there wearily as he waited for my reaction.

"So this was part of your sick game..." I said in shock.

He started to stutter No's but I was already walking off and fucking pissed off as tears were streaming down my face.

Why was he keep hurting me!