16

"What"!

Was all that left my mouth.

This was not something that should be coming out of his mouth. I looked at him my mouth ajar. I almost didn't believe it when he said.

" As a child..! That's why I'm a messed inside. I don't want to talk about it because it was such a long time ago but I want to say I am extremely sorry". I still couldn't believe it! My intuition was right. There was no way someone who came from such privilege and respect could simply turn into the most hated man.

He eventually walked away from the spot he was standing at and got on his horse. I quickly scurried after him and got on my horse. We both whipped our horses and they both took off. I started to be sucked into my own thoughts about 'whys' , 'when' and 'who'. It sort of made sense not that I was happy about what happened to him.

A few moments later the shadow of the building we were staying appeared in-front if us. My horse was now walking instead of jogging. I was further behind Blake but enough to see him. Oddly I couldn't stop staring at him. I saw him in a new light one that made him so vulnerable. I couldn't help but feel pity for him. But then I felt utter anger because what he was subjected to; he did to me.

When we arrived at the stables we were greeted by the stable boy ;he ushered the horses to their stables. I brushed down my clothes and saw Blake was staring at me; his stare was an anxious one. What has he got to be anxious about as I rolled my eyes. You could cut the tension with a knife and the more we stood there the more awkward it got!

Thankfully the two maids I saw earlier arrived to inform us that dinner was ready. Instantly Blake left the stables and followed one of the maids. I didn't like the way he was acting. How can he drop a bombshell like this on me and not talk about it.

When we enter back into the house I went to my room and quickly washed myself down. I got a frill lilac dress and dressed it off with my hair with a lilac hair ribbon. I powdered my face and glanced at the mirror. I smiled faintly and walked out of the door to the dining hall on the far left of my bedroom.

I was the first one here and decided to sit on the opposite side of the dinner table. The food smelt splendid and very delicious. To my right there were bowls of salsa , fried chicken and baked bread. To my left there were beef dishes, rice and seafood. My stomach rumbled and I instantly dished out a plate. I knew it was the 'royal courtesy' to wait for Blake but I forgot how hungry I was these past couple of days.

My knife and fork started changing against one another as I ate furiously. I didn't see Blake come in as I moaned out aloud , reminiscing at how good the food tasted. He cleared his throat awkwardly. My eyes flickered open and saw him staring at me. He quickly glanced away from me and grabbed a plate of food.

We ate in silence but I was started to get annoyed at how he could leave me hanging. I was determined to get to the bottom of this!

"Who?..." I proceeded to talk.

Blake froze midway; his fork puncturing piles of meat. He stayed there for a while before he spoke to me. " I don't want to talk about it I told you already I'm sorry and I want to slowly move from this turmoil".

I clenched my fists and breathed in and out so I didn't flip out. He probably felt his manhood was bruised but I wanted to know why he did those things to me.

" So you got attacked as a child and that messed you up and you decide it's cool to fucking ruin my adulthood! Not once but fucking three times! How the hell do you think I feel! You honestly think I will accept your pathetic sorry?..." I rambled on. He stayed silent again! I was up to my wits end! I needed to understand.

" Tell me for goodness sake!"

Blake got up from his seat and came towards me. My heart started racing. We were inches apart ; our noses almost touching. " I don't have to explain myself and if you don't shut your fucking mouth you will get a snack!" He threatened. I inched closer to his face and dared him to touch me.

" Your threats mean nothing to me now that you were someone's fucktoy!" I yelled insensitively. His eyes widened at my heartless remark as he stumbled away from me. He started wagging his finger and mumbled at how I crossed the line. I smirked at his face as he walked out and slammed the door behind him.

I wasn't raised to backdown from a fight especially when it involved my freedom and rights even if I hurt him with words. But I did just that today. I actually hurt him.

Why have I stopped to his level

Suha would be so ashamed at me right now!

She would say ' if you didn't care about him why did you save him?' And if he didn't have an ounce of trust for you he wouldn't have told you his biggest secret yet..he was abused and you simply laughed at his face'.

My stomach knotted into a million knots. I felt so cruel and disgusting. I dropped my knife and fork down and went to look for him. Even if he hurt me I needed to be the bigger person. I could tell it would be a while if not ever ( I highly doubt it) that he would hurt me physically or emotionally.

I approached his room and knocked on the door. A few seconds went by and I heard his voice tell the person (me) to come in. He looked up from the book he was reading and saw me standing there. His eyebrows furrowed with annoyance as he turned back to reading his book.

I stood there for a moment longer and said something I never thought I would say so easily to him.

" I'm sorry"