27

I ran and ran till I reached my bedroom. I slammed the door shut and gathered enough strength to throw myself on my bed. Why does everything he says...trigger me. I lay there thinking about all that he has done to me and still a bit of my heart felt sorry for him. I just needed to understand him as a man who supposedly was meant to take care of me and love me.

Deep inside me I just craved for his love. For his hands to caress my fingers instead of strike them. For him to swallow his pride and see me as a strong Nubian queen who will not stop fighting her 'oppressor'. I deserved love and protection and admiration. I deserved for my skin to be seen as a weapon of beauty not a weapon of insecurities. Blackness was solidified into my body and I shall never feel ashamed of it. I saw women who were disgusted at my features but were curling their hair , creating their figures to match that of a curvy woman.

I stood up and walked over to the large mirror that was placed on the corner of my bedroom. I stood there studying my features. I was the perfect woman in millions of men's eyes but only a portion looked past my skin. Tears started to stream down my face. I was nothing more than a dirty used vessel and soon enough Blake was going to realise it and dump me after using me.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain spread across my lower abdomen. I fell to my knees and crouched as I held my belly. I let out an agonising cry and there was Blake appearing out of nowhere. I cried out for him to make it it stop. He held my hand and grabbed me by my waist on to the bed. I gripped him tighter and started crying louder. The pain was very new and to be honest it was scary.

" Hey ! Listen to me Brianna , I've called for the doctor to be here any minute now. I want you to take a deep breath for me" he instructed. I did as he told me and the pain was a bit more bare-able. I slumped to his side and lay there sniffling under the sharp pain that was keep shooting up my body.

He sat there soothing me in a soft hushed voice whilst he caresses my hair. Out of nowhere I held his hand and gripped it. He didn't let go and held on to my hand as-well.

A few minutes later the doctor can through the door. He had his briefcase and wore his stethoscope around his neck. He was a bit older than the old doctor I had back during my 'honeymoon' but hey! The older the wiser. His hair was a silver and black combination and not to mention he was extremely tall. His cheeks were a tinted rose pink. Probably from running through the halls to get to me. He instantly ushered for Blake to give him so room. I whimpered as he gently let go of my grip. Blake moved to the other side of the bed whilst I lay back on the pillows taking in deep breaths.

The pain gradually decreased but my body was tense. I kept feeling little droplets of liquid dripping between my legs. Every time I turned in agony I felt the doctor prod and probe all over my body.

"Oh gosh!'' I seethed.

" Bri don't worry too much my darling the doctor will take care of you" he assured me. I sucked in a large breath and slowly relaxed.

"D-Doctor I am feeling liquid in between my legs" I blurted out. The doctor instantly stopped what he was doing and lifted my gown up. He froze and then quickly ran to his briefcase to take out a big book. He scanned it through with his fingers until he snapped his fingers and had a 'eureka' moment.

"Your majesty since I'm the new royal doctor I was informed about your unfortunate miscarriage. And I am deeply sorry for your loss and hope you both will be able to confide in me. From what I can gather that women who have miscarriages in our era face a great deal of pain at the time of their menstrual cycles and it's likely this pain will last till your wife is of a certain age. And sorry for not introducing myself , I am doctor Andrew Williamson" he explained.