Chapter 4: Club Lux

Los Angeles, California
3rd Person Point of View

It had been approximately 18 hours 27 minutes and 34 seconds since Chris had felt the tingle in the back of his head and he was adamant to forget it. Obviously, whoever the mystery person was powerful enough to break through a blood spell and that could only mean that trouble was about to ensue. Normally, when trouble is about to occur he could trust his cousins to have his back, but due to certain circumstances he no longer had those allies. So there he was, 2 hours before his club was set to open for the night, drowning his worries with bourbon. A million thoughts were swirling in his head. "You know normally when I come in to start preparing for the club to open and you're down here. It usually means that either a) you're fucking some poor soul on top of the bar or b) something is troubling you. Guessing by that rather empty bottle of bourbon, it's the latter this time," said Maz.

 Guessing by that rather empty bottle of bourbon, it's the latter this time," said Maz

Chris chuckled to himself. Maz was an interesting character. They met when he was looking for a bartender to work his club. When she came in, Chris had originally thought she was just a girl who got through life by showing her boobs and being seductive. He was partially right, but he had to hand it to her she could make some good cocktails. "Well, you're not wrong, darling. Let's just say some visitors might come looking for me later tonight and I'm rather dreading it."

Maz dramatically gasped. "You mean his royal, narcissistic self is dreading people looking for him. Well, someone call Fox News, this is definitely breaking news."

"Joke all you want, darling. Things might be a little... dramatic tonight."

"Aren't they always? Last night, some girl  proclaimed their love for her guy best friend only for her boyfriend to reveal that he was sleeping with him."

"While that's amusing, better start getting the club ready. I've got to prepare for tonight."

"Alright, your royal highness. Whatever you want."

When Chris arrived to his penthouse, he quickly pulled out his map

When Chris arrived to his penthouse, he quickly pulled out his map. Over the years, he had discovered blood magic didn't take very much actual magic compared to other spells. The only thing in surplus he needed was blood. He set up a boundary spell around his club. The spell wouldn't keep anyone out or keep anyone locked in, but would alert him when someone with a blood connection arrived. He sighed and with the spell set in motion, Chris walked to his closet. "Well, I've got a show to put on."

Time Skip to Later That Evening

Club Lux, Downtown Los Angeles, CA
3rd Person Point of View

"Well, the map says that Kol's child is here, so shall we?"

"Freya, we can't just burst in there. It's a club and if you can't tell I'm only 16," said Hope.

"Well, my little niece that's what compulsion is for," said Kol, "Off we pop then."

As Freya, Klaus, Kol, Rebekah, Haley, Marcel, Davina, and Hope, headed for the bouncer, little did they know a spell was placed around the club to inform the owner who and what was coming towards their club.

"Alright, they're family, but that would mean," Chris started, "No. That shouldn't be possible. Oh shit. Well at least it's not Francis, Elliot, or Satan forbid the Twins."

As the octet walked in to the club with the help of some compulsion, a woman walked towards them.

"So you're who he's been expecting. Interesting. It's like the Addams Family walked in," said Maz.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" questioned Hope.

"Oh right, I'm Maz and Chris is upstairs. Go up the elevator and hit 3. Good luck," said Maz as she walked away.

"Well, I guess we're going up," said Rebekah.

"It could be a trap," said Klaus.

"It could be," agreed Marcel.

"What else do we have to loose really?" said Haley as she began walking towards the elevator.

The elevator ride was short and filled with tension. No one said anything and no one looked at anyone else. All of them were lost in their own worlds. For Kol, this was it. He was meeting his child. A child he had never met or even knew about. Was it a boy or a girl? Maybe they were nonbinary? Did they know about him? Were they like him in anyway? Former Player Kol Mikaelson for about the 11th time in his 1000 year life was scared. He had never wanted kids, but this was half of him and hopefully not the worst half of himself. The elevator doors opened and as the octet stepped into the studio apartment, their blank, emotionless stares turned into pure amazement. Witch artifacts were displayed everywhere from every kind of magic. There were books that had to be at least a couple of centuries old in mahogany bookshelves.

"You can close your mouths, you know," a voice overhead stated.

The octet looked up frantically before spotting a very handsome man with an overwhelming resemblance to Kol.

"I may not be on par with Francis or Elliot, but I do detest bad manners. Now, shall we have a seat," questioned Chris. "After all I do believe we have some family business to discuss," finished Chris with a smirk.