xix : Reboot

.: BATTLEFIELD :.

You closed the rather thick leather book cover after you finished reading the last sentence. "Where did you get this?" You asked the old man before you.

"Why, your father's study of course." He answered.

You glanced back at the book on your lap. Should you keep it? Your father probably wanted you to keep it. But you felt ... conflicted. It wasn't what you thought your father was like.

"Keep it," said Vaughn as if he could read your mind. "You'll need it." He stepped back toward the door. A man came in and put a stainless steel tray in front of you. "Now, do me a favor by eating your food, unless you want to starve yourself to death." Vaughn and that minion of his left the room. They locked you inside the white room along with the tray of food.

Many hours passed and you had only eaten half of the food. You weren't exactly in the mood to eat and you felt sleepy as well, but you had to stay awake. You didn't want to risk anything happening to you nor Bucky.

Suddenly you heard footsteps going down the stairs. There was a weirdly familiar slurred voice outside the room. "What are you doing to me? Where is Yn?" You stood up when you heard your name was called.

"Bucky?" You called his name in worry.

You could hear a voice saying, "Open it." And a small sliding window on the door was opened from outside.

You ran toward the door and looked outside from the small window. You saw a very familiar figure getting dragged across the room. "Buck!" You shouted his name.

"Yn!" He called back with a hoarse voice. It seemed he was still high on sedative. The men put him unto a bed with metal side rails and tied his arm on the rails with leather straps. They even tied his legs on the bed.

"Let him go!" You told them. But they didn't care.

Vaughn walked closer to the bed. "Start the procedure." He told his men. One of them went to some kind of panel board with buttons and switches on it. While the other one took small electrode pads and placed them on Bucky's head.

The machine started to work and produced a buzzing voice. That's when you heard Bucky started screaming and trying to pull his hand out. "Wait, no! I can't do this! Get me out! Stop!" You didn't know what was going to happen, but he looked horrified. He struggled to get out, he was panicked, his hands balled into fists.

Then, the buzz became louder and louder. And soon, Bucky started screaming in pain very loudly. Your hearts dropped the second you heard him. "What are you doing to him?!" You shouted at Vaughn in ... fear. He didn't listen to you and kept progressing. "Stop it!" You shouted again.

Vaughn finally told the men to turn off the machine and take off the pads. Bucky was left with a scared, traumatized expression, and heavy unstable breath. But it didn't end there. Vaughn started spouting out some words. They were Russian.

"Желание (Longing) "

"Ржавый (Rusted) "

"Семнадцать (Seventeen) "

"Рассвет (Daybreak) "

"Печь (Furnace) "

"Девять (Nine) "

"Добросердечный (Benign) "

"Возвращение на родину (Homecoming) "