Chapter 3 pt. 2

"No, actual, Ace came with me, he helped me find all the outer gods, and then he carried me the way back to the door in the winter area," i say and she looked at me and she frowned.

"You really shouldn't talk to him," she says and i rolled my eyes.

"Just show me where the shoes are," i say and she smiled.

"Alright, as you wish you're majesty," she joked and i smiled and laughed a bit.

We walked down the white halls, and she had lead me back to the locker rooms, i wasn't sure why, but there was a locker that held only shoes? She lead me back to my locker and i gave her a funny look, "why're we at my locker?" i asked and she smiled.

"You just gotta wish for some shoes, and they'll appear." she said and i nodded, it wasn't the strangest thing here, so i closed my eyes, and i wished for some shoes, it didn't much matter what kind they were, but i needed some. "Ah, there you go," she says and i open the locker.

Inside was a pair of all-star original black and white chucks converse, i looked at them strangely and i shrugged, well i wasn't specific. I sat down on one of the benches and i put the shoes on and i laced the laces, "you look like a teenage rebel," she says and i laughed a little.

"Thanks, and you look like... well i think maybe a popular girl," i say snapping my finger and she smiled and ruffled my hair.

"Alright kiddo, let's get you bathed for tonight ceremony," she says and i gave her a strange look, "alright, stop giving me that look, i'll explain," she says and i chuckled.

"Good, cause i was going to ask," i say and she nodded.

"Let's walk and talk," she says and i nodded. "So a name has meaning, and has power, so my name, diana, can mean butterfly, but it is also the old name of a greco-roman god in the first world, you'll learn that in history class," she says and i nodded, "so the ceremony is practically you in a white robe, soaked in moon rose water, then the principal's god writing your new name somewhere on your body in the god's language, with a brush dipped in ink," she says and i frowned, "and then it stays there forever practically."

"And people watch as this happens?" i ask, a little worried about my body being bare under just the robe.

"Well you need witnesses," she says and i groaned, we walked out of the locker room and down the halls.

"Can't it just be you and his god... wait he has a god?" i asked and she chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah, he's the principle, the principle is actually just a human, once he dies, his god goes to the next principle," she says and i frowned, damn this place gives me a headache, i wasn't sure what to expect anymore.

"Alright..." i say and she smiled.

"Don't worry, this is completely non-sexual, and everyone technically looks down at their candle," she says.

"Sounds more like i'll be a sacrifice to whatever demon you're summoning," i say and she laughed loudly and she even teared up a bit and she had to hold her stomach. "It's not funny, it totally does!" i say and she stood up and sighed, still smiling and she ruffled my hair.

"That's one way of looking at it," she says and i smiled, laughing some. She walked me back to the dormitory and she made me grab my towel and shampoos, and she met me back down in the main area where the baths were. I also got to say hi to the little bunny that was still in my room, sleeping, and i pet him a few times.

I hadn't been in the shower and bathing area yet but i looked forward to showering. I walked back down the stairs and i could hear people talking, and not so nicely, i walked down and i cracked the door open to listen.