1

Percy's POV:

RING...RING...RING!

I slammed my hand down on the loud alarm clock and rolled out of bed.

I went to the bathroom and took a look at myself in the mirror.

Woah, who's that?!

As usual, my hair was messy and drool was on my face. I stopped staring at the mirror and took a shower, dressed and went to the kitchen to eat breakfast.

I live in a small apartment in the Big Apple, living a normal life. Normal Job and Normal Parents. I prepared and ate an omelet and headed over to my job, back to the same old office.

LATER AT THE OFFICE

I sighed and looked at my watch. It's late but my boss, Mr. Dionysus, still wants me to do some paperwork. I looked over at the pile of paper and huffed.

Suddenly the lights went off and I heard a voice.  

"Percy?" I looked up and there stood my other boss, Mr. Chiron.

"Oh, Mr.Chiron, what are you doing here?"

"I could ask the same thing for you"

"Well, Mr. D gave me some more paperwork and-"

He cut me off "Oh, don't worry about that" he waved his hand.

"Are you sure?" I scrunched my eyebrows together

"Yes Percy, It's already late, go home" he said in a soft but imperative voice.

I smiled "Thanks Mr. Chiron" I grabbed my back pack and walked out of the office. I scanned the parking lot with only two cars parked. A Black Grand Cherokee, Chiron's car parked in his regular space and my Blue Land Range Rover in the far back of the lot.

I looked up at the dark sky and noticed one star that shined out all of the others. I gave a small smile and whispered. "Hey Dad"

My mom always told me the story of my father. They met really young, they were high school sweethearts. They got married and found out my mom was pregnant. She was happy, they were happy. Then everything went wrong.

He got a call from work, and he had to leave for business. He was on a boat and...it took a wrong turn. The next day my mom got a call, the ship that my dad was on went down in the middle of the ocean  and found out he was dead. She said it was the most devastating day of her life, to find out the father of her child died.

But she still took care of me. When I was about 12 years old, she told me the story. I shed a few tears and so did she. About once a year we went to the beach because it used to be my Dad's favorite place.
Now my mom is happy with a great guy. My step-dad, Paul and they have a child together, my little sister, Estelle Jackson, named after my grandmother.

My thoughts were interrupted by a hand patting my back. I jumped and looked back.

"Are you okay, son?" There stood a confused Chiron "You looked a little shaken"

I nodded "Yeah, just thinking about a lot of stuff at once"

"Okay, well drive safely"

I nodded again and watched Chiron walk over to his car and head out of the lot and I did the same. I scanned the road and turned on the radio. Then a song came on.

I nodded my head to the song. It's catchy. Then I sang it out loud. Thank God that there's no one in my car except for me. My singing is horrible.