10

Ok, i don't know when this chapter is gonna be up but, i'm writing this the day after Rick said there's gonna be a live action re make on disney plus! Ok I'm too excited lol, but other than that, I don't really have an author's note, sooo enjoy :) (By the way, sorry for the cliffhanger hehe)

'Hi' I texted.

I anxiously waited for a text back, which sounded pretty ridiculous. I didn't expect her to text back right away —even though one could hope.

I swallowed thickly, put my phone away and wandered to sleep.

~

My phone pinged. I looked away from my TV and down at my phone. Seeing that a random number texted me, I read the message

'Hi, it's Annabeth'

My phone pinged again

Annabeth: From chemistry

I picked my phone up, unlocked it and proceeded to text her back.

Hi :)

Crap, was the smiley face too much?

Thankfully if it was, she didn't mention it.

Annabeth: 'So, do you mind meeting up at my place later?'

I looked up at the clock in my room and realized it was almost 6 o'clock and it was a Friday night.

Me: Actually, I don't think I'll make it today, but maybe tomorrow

Annabeth: Okay sure

Me: And maybe at my house?

Annabeth: Sounds like a plan

Me: Okay great, see you tomorrow

Annabeth: See you tomorrow

I smiled. I didn't ask her out but it was a step.

Good job Percy. Good job.

~

I woke up the next morning and looked at my phone.

No notifications.

I groaned and pushed the covers off of me. Heading to the bathroom, I got ready for work. I brushed my teeth, took a shower and headed to my closet. I picked out a white dress shirt and dark blue slacks. Didn't feel like eating a big breakfast, I grabbed a granola bar from the pantry and my backpack and keys from the coffee table. Opening the door, I locked it and headed to my car. Unlocking it, I got in and started driving to the office.

Ping

I looked down at my phone and a giddy sensation arose in my stomach. Maybe that's her.

When the red light appeared on the traffic light, I stopped and quickly grabbed my phone.

Leo: Coffee?

Never mind.

The butterflies in my stomach died and my lips formed a hard line. Even though my excited feeling
went down, I texted back.

Yeah, just order me a caffè latte.

A speech bubble appeared, signaling that he was texting back. Ok, and maybe lunch later with Jason and Frank?

I looked down at my phone in confusion. Leo and I work at Half Blood Incorporation and Jason and Frank work at Jupiter Conglomerate. Sure, our jobs aren't that far away from each other but due to the fact that we had inadequate time for our lunch break, I didn't think it would be practicable.

HONK.

I jumped at the sound. Putting my phone away and placing my hands back on the steering wheel, I looked at the light, that was previously red, now changed green. I stepped on the gas and waved apologetically to the driver behind me.

Whoops.

In no time, I reached my job and parked in the closest vacant space. Grabbing my backpack from the passengers seat and walking in, I see Leo waiting for me in the lobby dressed in a white dress shirt and black slacks, with his bag on his back, holding two cups of hot coffee.

"You look like a mess, Perce" He proclaimed as he handed me the coffee. I took it from him and silently cursed at his morning giddiness.

"Good morning to you too, Repair boy" He rolled his eyes at his infamous nickname. Apart from his corporate job, he was highly good at fixing or building anything.

"Don't get why you're a morning person" I said while we began walking through the lobby, towards the elevator.

He shrugged "Telling by your messy hair, I can sense that you aren't"

We passed a mirror on the wall and I caught a glimpse of my tousled hair. Sipping my coffee, I asked "What makes you think we can go out to eat on a Monday?"

He looked over at me and smirked "Well, I'm sensing that Mr. Dionysus and Mr. Chiron might be in a good mood today"

I gave him a squinted look "You gave them coffee this morning too didn't you?"

He flashed me an impish smile and took a sip from his cup "Possibly"

"And you're thinking they're gonna give us a half day today?"

"You're using your brain now, Jackson"

"Shut up Valdez"

His comical smile grew "That coffee better than alcohol?"

I groaned and rolled my eyes playfully "Seriously? A guy gets black out drunk and never hears the end of
it"

Leo let out a chuckle "You sang pretty good for a wasted guy"

I rolled my eyes and pressed the button to open the elevator. After a few moments, the elevator opened and we stepped inside. Leo pressed the button to our floor and I felt it rise up.

Ping.

My phone.

My eyes widened and I reached into my pocket.