8

To be honest i'm surprised if you guys are still reading this. I am so sorry that i left you guys off on a cliffhanger and haven't been keeping up with my books. Anyways i'm back, and sorry for the long wait, if you guys didn't already, then you should go back and read the chapters again because i changed some stuff. Hope you guys are staying safe and staying inside. Hopefully this chapter helps if you're bored during quarantine! (The picture above is what i'm imagining Annabeth's work is, it's not mine it's by a painter named Angela Wakefield, she's a really talented artist) Btw, i'm trying to make these chapters a little bit longer so yeaa..hope u enjoy 🙂

"So remember high school?" I asked

Jason shuddered, obviously not liking the idea of learning, god forbid high school "Yeah, what does this have to do with anything?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I'm getting there" I rolled my eyes playfully at his impatience. "There was this girl, Annabeth"

"Do you remember her?" I asked, since we went to the same school since we were little kids

Jason frowned and shook his head "Not really, just the name kinda sounds familiar"

"Uhm blonde hair, grey eyes and-"

"You still remember what she looks like?" Jason asked.

I nodded

"She and I were- uhm, you know" I pursed my lips together not knowing how to explain things.

Because honestly, i didn't. How do you tell your best friend that me and this girl from our high school (that he doesn't even remember) were together?

"We were well you know together- well not together, we weren't even exclusive or official or whatever you call it-" He cut me short

"Your rambling" he adjusted his glasses on his nose and his lips morphed into a playful smirked. "You never told me that you were dating someone"

I shrugged "Well we wanted to keep things on the low," I sighed "We didn't wanna tell anyone yet"

Well that was a big lie, I remember that she was ready to tell everyone she passed in the hallways, but i didn't really know how people would react. I mean we weren't even friends but somehow we got paired on a science project and things clicked.

She was popular, I wasn't, I only had Jason, Leo, Frank, and their girlfriends. She was gorgeous, I was decent looking. She practically had guys lining up to date her, A girl probably wouldn't glance my way. She was a cheerleader, I was one of the less known guys on the swim team. She was a genius, I was pretty slow at school.

Curse my introverted self.

"Lost in thought?" Jason said after swallowing his last bite of the last pizza slice. I swear that dude could eat a whole cow and still be hungry, don't know how he still isn't fat.

"Uh no" I looked at him just now realizing i was looking down at my lap. "Just thinking"

Jason gave me and odd look "So you were?"

"Whatever" I scoffed

He grabbed a napkin, wiped his hands with it and cleared his throat. "Look, you're obviously into her, and you guys might have a history." He put the word history in hand quotations. "But it won't hurt to make a move," I opened my mouth, about to cut him telling him that would be a bad idea, until he still kept talking. "or if you're not up for that, at least reach out to her, I mean i'm guessing that number on the piece of papers hers right?"