7

Hey guys, so sorry that i haven't updated in a long time but here i am, updating. Hopefully i can update more than usual and keep the story going and interesting. Btw i don't know if you guys are annoyed by how many times i'm posting tags but reading my story back, as a reader i don't rlly wanna read a book that has more tags than chapters. So if i do get tagged i'll just do a book of tags. And thank you so much for the people who are still reading this even though i've been absent for so long. Ok on to the story :)

Percy?

I zoned back in and realized that I was still texting Jason. But i haven't replied in about two minutes, leaving him on read.

Oh uhm, sry

You okay? he asked

Yeah, it's ok if come over right?

Uhh, sure

Did you and Piper eat dinner yet?

Piper went out with Calypso so it'll just be me and you, why?

I'll be over in 10

I turned off my phone, not bothering to see what Jason's next text read.

How could i be so stupid? Just leaving the paper out like that in the open. I should've put it in a safe space.

Oh god who am i kidding, i'm freaking out over a piece of paper with a number on it. And i was just so rude to my best friend and he's probably wondering the same thing:

Why is Percy getting so worked up over a piece of paper?

I sighed and realized how long it's taking for my pizza to get ready. I walked to the counter and smiled at the lady who was sucking on a lollipop. She  was younger than me and looked about 18 or 19. Her light brown hair was fixed in a high but messy bun. And her light brown eyes were fixed on her phone. I looked at her name tag and it read "Vicky".

"Hi," she looked up at me, put her phone in her pocket and took the lollipop out of her mouth. "pickup for Percy Jackson"

Vicky put the lollipop back into her mouth. She didn't say anything, she just walked to the metal shelf where they kept all their ready pizzas at, and looked at all the receipts. Her face scrunched up in confusion. She walked back and raised an eyebrow at me. She took the lollipop out of her mouth again.

"We don't have a pizza ready for Percy Jackson" Vicky stated

"Well, i ordered one" It was my turn to scrunch up my eyebrows "I told my order to a girl on the phone"

She pouted and threw her lollipop away in the trash "Oh yeah, i remember you"

I pursed my lips, I knew she was the girl I was on the phone with "Yeah, i'm the one with the cool name"

She gave an awkward smile and walked away into the kitchen. I mentally punched myself in the face.

Cool name? Really?

I peered in the kitchen and saw her exchange a few words with a guy making a pizza and looking like he was annoyed. She came back and smiled "Actually we are still working on it"

"Oh ok" I automatically knew that was a lie "How long will the wait be?"

"Uhhh" Her head turned back into the kitchen and she looked at the guy making a pizza "about 15
to 20 minutes"

I nodded and gave a quick smile, turned around and sat down in one of the chairs again to wait for my pizza. I knew that was a lie and she forgot to put in my order. So i pulled out my phone and texted Jason.

"Make it 30 minutes" i typed "gotta wait for my pizza"

I turned off my phone not bothering to wait for him to respond. I closed my eyes, not caring if anyone was thinking weird of me. I was close to falling asleep until a noise went off.

DING

I looked down at my phone on my lap. Jason texted:

Dude, I'm hungry, hurry

I typed back: Yeah don't get your panties in a twist

•••

10 minutes later

"Order for Percy" the girl at the counter called out. I quickly got out of my seat and went to the counter. She had another lollipop in her mouth.

Geez, how many suckers does she have?

"It'll be 11.79" she said

"Oh, plus a coke" I added

"13.79" she said

I took out my wallet and handed her my debit card. She swiped it and handed it back to me. She gave me my pizza and soda and I left.

I opened my car and climbed inside. I put the food on the passenger seat and started the engine. I looked at the time 7:32

I grabbed my phone and texted Jason

Pls tell me u didn't eat dinner yet right?

He responded almost immediately

Nope still waiting

I responded with a quick 'ok' and backed out of the lot. I quickly headed to Jason's which was only about 10 minutes away.

10 minutes later

I rang the doorbell with the pizza and coke in my hands. Almost immediately, Jason opened the door.

He has his glasses on which he always has when he's home alone which means he either reading or watching TV.

He smiled and took the pizza out of one of my hands. He opened the box "Pepperoni's my favorite"

I didn't say anything, i just walked by him, sat on the couch, and put the Pepsi on the table. I examined his and Piper's house.

It was tidy, as usual. All of the couches and chairs were a matching white color. There was a glass coffee table with a brown perimeter right in front of me. A few feet away from me was the fire place, which was turned off. Also a few feet away from that was a TV. Then the rest of the living room were shelves and decorations that pulled the living room neatly together.

He sat down, and we talked. But not about Annabeth, not about girls or anything. We talked like best friends and we laughed like idiots. Me and Jason were probably here for about an hour eating pizza, drinking soda, chatting up a storm and laughing like crackheads.

Reminds me of High School

"So you were here for the paper?" I looked up as he picked off a pepperoni pizza and put it in his mouth.

"Uh yeah" He laid back on the couch and got another slice.

"You seemed pretty freaked out the past couple of days," he said as soon as he gulped down a bite of his pizza. "Is it because of that little piece of paper?"

Suddenly he started asking me a bunch of questions.

"Who's Annabeth?"
"Why does that name sound familiar?"
"Why are you so worked up?"

I just managed to swallow a couple pieces of my food. "Ok one question at a time" I said finishing my pizza slice and drinking my coke.

Jason did the same. He sat up, pushed his glasses up, and put his hands in his lap like a kindergartener ready for a story time. I breathed in and got ready to tell my best friend everything. Everything