Chapter 1: The Unexpected Discovery

The sun peaked through the horizon and started to shine down into Hogwarts. Snow started to lighting fall as the beautiful castle started to awake with a flow of children getting up and rusting through its hallways. Everyone started to make their way to the Great Hall which was sure to have delicious food for breakfast.

Of course not all of the student got up at their expected times.

Harry jumped from his bed in a cold sweat. It was another nightmare, another sleepless night, fearing for his and his love ones lives. The dark lord plagued his mind and his thought. Harry felt the weight of the school on his shoulder as he worried about everyone he knew.

But for the moment he could rest. Harry leaned back in his bed realizing it was just a dream, nothing more, nothing less. But upon relaxing he realized that the room was particularly very quiet. He looked up to see everyone gone. His heart started to race as he looked at the time and realized he was going to be late.

So in a flash, Harry jumped out of bed, changed into his uniform and robe, grabbed his wand and books, and ran out of the common room. He ran down the changing stairs and down the many hallways. As he ran he thought of all his classes he had today, potions, dark arts, transfigurations-.

Harry lost in thoughts ran right into Draco. The two feel to the ground and looked at eachother awkwardly. "Watch where you're going Potter!" Draco yelled as he started to get up. But Harry had no time for Draco, he was already late as it is he didn't need a fight with Draco to miss breakfast all together. Harry quickly grabbed his books and his wand and ran off towards the great hall. "You'll pay for that Potter!"

As Harry rushed down the halls he wondered what Draco was doing so late as well. Maybe he had woken up late like him or maybe something else. Whatever it was Harry could careless about that or Draco's little threat.

Finally, Harry made it to the Great Hall before breakfast ended! The Great Hall was beautifully decorated for Christmas! A large Christmas tree stood behind the teachers table and the snow on the outside was seen falling from the ceiling. Today was the day before Christmas break, so the teacher thought it would be appropriate for anyone who was staying to have a proper Christmas in Hogwarts!

Walking to the entrance Harry took breath of relief seeing his fellow Gryffindors at the Gryffindor table. Harry rushed down and finally relaxed sitting down with all of his friends. Harry plopped down next to Ron with Hermione across him him, George and Fred also sat close joking and playing around.

Upon sitting down Hermione raised her eyebrow "Looks like someone overslept." She said stating the obvious. "Hermione, give the guy a second he's already out of breathe getting here. The last thing he needs is someone scolding him." Ron protested to Hermione.

"I'm just saying Ron, Harry needs to be more careful with his times. Especially since you have Snape first period." Hermione said crossing her arms. Soon the threes heads turned as Draco walked into the Great Hall. He gave a dirty look at Harry before sitting down at the Slytherin table next to Crabbe and Goyle.

Ron rolled his eyes "What's up with Draco today?" He said sarcastically. Harry rolled  his eyes "I ran into him in the hall not paying attention. I don't think he liked that I just ran away and didn't say a word." "Harry!" Hermione yelled "Not even a sorry or anything?" Harry shook his head "I wasn't trying to be rude! I swear! I was just afraid I wouldn't make here on time!" He said defending himself.

Hermione still shook her head but Ron felt the opposite. "Don't sweat it Harry, Malfoy deserves it anyway with how he treats us. But now you need some breakfast." Soon a  chalice appeared infront of Harry along with eggs, bacon and toast. Harry was starving and couldn't wait to dig in.