Rave On

On my way to school the next day, Jack joined me along the main road.

"Hey Ellie!" He said, coming up behind me, "Jazzed for tonight?"

"Hey, Jack," I said with a giggle, "Actually, I really am. I guess I was so blinded by the people around me that I didn't see that you're actually a pretty decent guy."

"Well, I'm glad to hear you've moved on from that greaser, especially after what he did to you. I swear, I'll kill the punk the next time I see him."

"Just ice it, okay? I'm done thinking about him."

"Alright, babe."

Jack draped an arm over my shoulder, and we walked into the schoolyard together. I shuttered as his arm weighed down on me, but I never let my smile falter.  Over by the steps, Bonnie and Dusty stood talking with one another. When Bonnie noticed me walking up with Jack, I had to refrain from laughing at her expression.

We greeted the two of them, Jack and Dusty doing a handshake before Jack's arm was back around my shoulders.

"Hey, Jack, I've been meaning to ask you about the homework in Coach's class," Dusty said.

"Wait, Babe," Bonnie cut in, "Before you two get in to it, I need to talk to Ellie in private."

"Oh, yeah. Sure thing," Jack said, letting me out of grip, "So I think Coach wanted us to..."

Bonnie drug me to the other side of the steps behind the railing.

"Okay, what's going on?" she questioned.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You know. You and him all hugged up like that."

"Bonnie, I told you I was giving Jack another chance."

"Yeah, but... I thought... Gee, Eleanor, doesn't this seem a little fast?"

I shrugged.

"I did see Rider last night," I said.

"Well, what happened?" Bonnie asked, "Didn't you guys talk? I mean..."

"We did talk. You know, it's kind of funny. Izzy came to my door at nearly eight last night, and convinced me to go talk to Rider. Now that I think about it, I don't know how she could possibly know where I live."

Bonnie crossed her arms and looked away.

"Bonnie," I asked, "Did you get Izzy to come to my house last night?"

"I may have given her a call."

"Bonnie!"

"Ellie, I know you don't want anything to do with him anymore, but he's..."

"Bonnie."

"I'm sorry, but you two just needed to talk..."

"Bonnie."

"I just don't get why..."

"Bonnie, I'm not going out with Jack ."

"What?" Bonnie gaped, "But, you and Jack..."

"Let's just say he and another thorn in my side are in for a shock," I said.

I told Bonnie the whole story of what Chrissy and Jack had done and how we were going to get them back.

"Wait, so are you and Rider..." Bonnie asked.

"Yes, we are," I finished.

"Oh, Ellie!" Bonnie cheered, "I'm so glad you guys are back together!"