Danse Macabre | Sasaki Haise

A/N: This was requested by: @YanskieLuixx I hope you enjoy boo! :P I don't know a lot about dance (I haven't danced since I was like seven rip), and I'm super, super tired from the lifeguard 24 hour class but I'll try my best!!

 They wanted the dance to be the first part of the video I added, so watch it if you want!!

You took a deep breath as you walked through the crowd, heading to the spot where your performance would be. It was the first time you'd dance in public, and you were absolutely terrified. Going hunting for your little brother was nothing compared to this. 

"Hey, it'll be fine." Your friend assured you, grabbing your shoulder and squeezing it. "We did great in the studio, so it'll be great out here, too." 

You nodded and watched as people started setting up the speakers, causing passerbys to stop and look at the set up, then your dance troupe, who was warming up. Some of them stayed, and some of them kept walking away. It just made you even  more nervous to know people were going to watch. People who might judge you. People who might figure out what you really were. 

Okay, maybe the last one was a bit farfetched but still, it was a possibility, albeit a small one. 

"Warm up, (Y/N)." Your friend said, swinging his arms in circular motions to loosen up his shoulders. "You'll get hurt if you keep going like this. I told you once, and I'll tell you again, everything's going to be okay. Now warm up." 

You stiffly nodded before starting to walk around, swinging your arms and stretching the muscles before bouncing around and shaking your legs to get some blood flowing in them too. You jumped when the technicians started doing sound checks on the speaker, aka the signal for your group to get into position to start dancing. 

Your friend nodded at you once again before your eyes went to the crowd, surfing through it hoping to see a familiar face, maybe someone you knew or someone who seemed positively excited for your performance. 

As you did notice a few children curiously gazing at you, there's one face that captured your attention. If his gradient hair wasn't enough to attract someone's attention, his innocent face would surely do the trick. His eyes scanned the scene, bearing child-like wonder as he probably processed what was going on here. You made a mental note to maybe talk to him after the performance. He seemed like a nice guy... 

You were ripped out of your thoughts when the familiar sound of Rewrite the Stars echoed through the street and your body started moving on its own accord to the American music. 

Haise watched in amazement as your group flawlessly executed the thoroughly practiced routine. All your movements were so fluid, like water. It's as if dancing was a second nature of yours. And not just your dancing was beautiful, but Haise couldn't stop himself from thinking that your own beauty just made the whole thing even better. 

Thank god the Quinx weren't with him, because he'd never hear the end of it. At least he could enjoy your show all alone without being scared of having Shirazu yell out that he had a crush on you. 

The choreography was over way too quickly for his liking. The half ghoul watched as you slowly came to a stop in front of the crowd, music fading into nothing. Once there was no more sound coming from the speakers, you smiled brightly at the man beside you, who wrapped an arm around your shoulders and hugged you, causing Haise to slightly frown. Were you taken already? That seemed like his type of luck, anyway. 

You let out a loud cheer, congratulating your friends and the sound of your voice made Haise smile. You seemed so happy, and he was simply happy that someone like you felt that way. From the way you danced, you probably put a lot of time and effort into the choreography.