Hunch | Ui Koori

A/N: this was requested by @ChiaraLM6 ! I hope you enjoy

You rolled your eyes as Ui followed behind you, walking to the meeting point for your squad. You had no idea why he had been so nervous for this operation, considering it was well underrated compared to your usual missions. The strongest ghoul there would probably be rated A, if not A+. Your boyfriend had nothing to worry about and yet here he was, thinking that if the wind blew too strongly you'll fall apart.

"Will you relax?" You said once you had arrived (ten minutes early of course, because Ui had a thing about punctuality). "We'll be fine. You were calmer when we were about to fight the owl, for goodness sake!"

"I'm not... I'm relaxed!" Your boyfriend countered, even if it was obvious that he was nervous. "This isn't even an S rated operation, why would I be nervous?"

"I'm asking you, Koori. You're the one trailing behind me as if I needed a body guard." You sassed. Before your boyfriend could answer (or deny) your sassy comment, a few other people arrived to your location. Ui shut up and decided to make conversation with them about something else, not wanting anyone else to know that he was nervous about something as trivial as an operation.

You, in the meanwhile, tried to assess the situation. What could make him so unsure of this operation? Sure, ghouls had always been unpredictable, but you always managed to pull through and survive. And Ui isn't one to underestimate you in situations like these, so it couldn't be that either. Had he received classified information about the case? Was that why? Maybe. Or maybe it was just one of those days, you never know.

Either way, that wouldn't stop you from participating in the operation. It wouldn't last long, anyways. You'd just bust in, kill the most dangerous ghouls in there and get out. It's a routine kind of thing.

"We need to split up, this place is bigger than we anticipated." One of your colleagues, Aki, suggested while you nodded. You and your team had discovered a whole building that was attached by an underground tunnel to the one you were raiding. Talk about a surprise.

"I don't understand why we haven't done a scan of this place before we raided it." You clenched your quinque tighter in your hands while you looked around.

"Right," Aki said. "Make sure to tell the council after we're done here, we can't make that mistake again in a more dangerous operation. Anyways, Ui, you'll take the right wing on the second floor. Hitachiin, you'll take the left wing. I'll check the floor level. (L/N), can I trust you with the basement?"

    You nodded and glanced towards Ui, spotting him opening his mouth to protest before closing it. Was he aware of this secret building? Is that why he was nervous? That doesn't make sense, but you still can't think of what could be putting him on the edge like that.

  "Are you sure it's a good idea to send (L/N) downstairs without backup?" Hitachiin asked.

  "Yes." Aki nodded. "This isn't an incredibly dangerous raid. (L/N) will be fine, won't you?"

  "Yes, I will." You assured. "Let's stop talking, though. We're wasting time." With that, you left your squad and hurried downstairs to get this over with as soon as possible. 

    Let's say Hitachiin was right to be a bit worried about you being downstairs alone. There were a lot of ghouls here trying to hide. It was sort of like walking into a cave and seeing hundreds of bats looking at you from the ceiling (okay, maybe you were overreacting a bit, but still).

    That doesn't mean you had trouble fighting them off, even though it was a bit harder than what you would have thought, given the mission's rating. You pulled through until some ghouls had the brilliant idea to all attack you at the same time.