Three

I wake up to Kloppelman yelling at us to wake up, I got scared and fell off the bed. "Are youse ok?" Someone asked. "Yeah I'm uh fine." I said half asleep as he helped me up to only realize Race was Talking to me. "Did youse sleep good last night lilah?" Jack asked as he came up behind me and threw an arm around my shoulder. "Yeah, you?" I asked trying to fix my hair. "As good as it will eva get." He said taking his arm off of me.

"LETS GO, CARRYING DA BANNER!" Jack yelled to everyone running down the stairs. "Hey, thats my cigar!" Race said as Albert stole his cigar. "You'll steal another" he said. "Hey look! It's bath time at the zoo!" Specs said.
"I thought that I'd surprise my mother." Henry said. "If you can find her." Albert said. "WHO ASKED YOU?" Everyone yelled.

"Papes ain't movin like the used to, i think i need a new selling spot. Any ideas?" Albert asked. "From bottle alley to da harbor there's easy Picken's guaranteed." Race said. "Try any banker, bum or barber. They almost all knows how ta read." Finch said.

"Its a crooked game where playin, one will never lose, long as suckers dont mind payin just to get bad news." Jack says running down the stairs to catch up with everyone.

"Oh its a fine life, carryin the banner through it all!" Everyone says. "A mighty fine life carryin the banner tough and tall!" "When the bell rings we goes where we wishes, we's as free as fishes, what a fine life carryin the banner home free all!"

"Hey Crutchie, whats the leg say? Gonna rain?" Asked Finch. "Uhh no rain, ho-ho! Partly cloudy clear my evening!" Crutchie says. "And the limp sells 50 papes a week all by itself!" Race said. At this point i felt pretty disconnected from everyone, or i just didn't know what was happening.

"I don't need the limp to sell papes, i got porseanality! It takes a smile that spreads like butter! The kind that turns a lady's head." Crutchie said with a smile. "It takes an orphan with a stutter." Race said. "Who's also blind." "And mute" "and DEAD!" Finch, Albert and Elmer said.

"Papes for the newsies! Line up!" A guy said. I got in line behind jack, I didn't exactly know what to do so i asked jack. "100 papes, Weasel." Jack said taunting 'weasel'. "I'll have 50 papes please." I said as i put my money down and got my papes.

I went over to jack and Crutchie and looked through the newspaper. "This is bad news talk fellas." Jack said. "We's never get good news jack, it's always the same thing every week but they change the headline." Specs said.

Since I walked around with jack and Crutchie yesterday i knew kind of how to sell papes, so i went out by myself which i was a little scared but you gotta take risks every once in a while.

It was going good, i sold 20 papers and its the afternoon, i was pretty impressed! "Well hello miss." Someone said. "Hello, would you like a paper?" I asked them, they kinda laughed which i was confused about but oh well. "Youse must be new, I'm Morris, this is my brother Oscar, we're the Delancey brotha's." Morris said. Jack told me about the Delancey brothers, he said to say away from them. "Nice meeting you but i have to go." I said but one of them grabbed my wrist.

"We's ain't lettin a pretty goil go on her own, now can we Oscar?" Morris said as Oscar agreed. "Get off of me please." I said trying not to make a fuss. "Oh she thinks please will get her out of this." Morris said tightening his grip. "What do you want from me?" I asked trying to get away. "Nothin really, this is just fun." Oscar said grinning. One of the grabbed my waist so I couldn't get away. "Let me go!" I yell. "You wouldn't leave here without a kiss would ya sweetheart?" Morris said pulling me closer. Oscar had my hands so I couldn't slap him, I didn't know what to do i tried to get away but he kept pulling me closer and tightening their grip. Right before Morris kissed me i heard a voice that sounded familiar.

"Hey! Youse let go of her!" I turned my head and race was behind them. "Well if it isn't Prince Charmin comin to save the day?" Morris said. "I said let go of her." Race said as i was still trying to escape. "Or what?" Oscar said. Race turned to him a punched him square in the jaw and Oscar fell to the floor. "You don't scare me street rat." Morris said. "Well be scared of me instead. I said as I kicked him where the sun don't shine, he let go of me and i punched him in the face causing him to fall over as me and Race ran.

"Thanks for Savin me but i had them." I said. "Really?" Race asked sarcastically. "Cause it didn't look like it." Race said putting a cigar in his mouth as i rolled my eyes. "Don't tell Jack about this, he will never let me go out of the lounging house ever again."  I said. "Deal" Race agreed as he shook my hand, then we went our separate ways to try to sell more papes.

Well thats the end of chapter 3! Tell me what you think in the comments:)