Nine

The next day Jack didn't want to leave me alone, he thought that me and Race where dating and he got really protective. "So then this guy comes up to me and asks for a pape for free, i told him of course not, y'know i have to eat, then he told me he'll give me the money tomorrow and the i told him, sir I-" jack rambled. "STOP!" I yelled, he was just too much right now. "What?" He asked. "Its just, your just talking without havin a purpose." I said. "Oh, sorry." He said. "So if youse and Race are datin, then I'll have ta have a talk with him." He said. "We aren't dating!" I snapped back. "Oh."

Jack stayed around until i told him to go away. "STOP! GET AWAY FROM ME!" I heard someone yell, the voice sounded familiar, I turned around and it was that girl i met a couple days ago. And of course the disgusting Delanceys where beating her up. "HEY! Fellas!" I yell over to them. "lilah!" Ella called out. "If it isn't the Kelly twin." Morris said. "You know's i have a name." I said. "Yes, we do." Oscar said. "We's might just change it." Morris said walking towards me. "Oh yeah? And what to?" I asked sarcastically. "You know's if you come with us, you could have a better life then any of those street rats will give ya." Morris said. "Don't you dare call them street rats." I snapped back. "Its what they are, you just can accept that." Oscar said. "They are be half the people you both will eva be." I said getting closer.

"Wow, you're already Turnin into them. Ya know we know who your fatha is. We could y'know turn you in." Morris said. I couldn't take it anymore. "You Don't know anything about me." I said then i punched Morris right in the face which caused him to stumble backwards. I looked up and Oscar was close to doing the same thing to me. "Shit." I mumbled, then out of no where someone hit him in the back of the head. It was Ella, oh yeah I forgot she was over there. "Are you ok?" She asked me. "The real question is are you ok?" I asked laughing a bit on how worried she was about me when she literally got beaten up. "Uh yeah, just some bruises." She said. Her cheek was bleeding and there was bruises on her legs. "Oh my god, Ella!" I yelled noticing everything. "I'm fine really-" "no, come with me I'll help ya." I said.

I took Ella to the lodging house and she kinda limped the whole way but of course i helped her. I opened the door and crutchie was still there. "Crutchie? What are youse still doin here?" I asked. "My leg ain't doin so good today, i just decided to skip today." He said. "Well do you need some of my pay today? I know you have been skipin a lot lately." I said. "No, I'll be fine, who's this?" He asked referring to Ella. "I'm Elenor, you can call me Ella." She said limping over to crutchie to shake his hand. "Nice ta meet you, are youse ok?" He asked. "Yeah, i just got in a fight." She said. i went to get a cloth and water and a small band-aid, when i got back Ella and crutchie where still talking to each other. "Here, Ella you can sit on my bed" i said and she moved over.

I dipped the cloth into the water and wiped the blood off her cheek. "This may sting a little." I said. After that i put the band-aid on her cheek, then dipped the cloth back in the water and put it on the bruises. The whole time her and crutchie kept talking.

"Thank you, for everything." She said as we where walking out the door. "No problem, anything for my friend." I said as we both smiled. "Do you want to have dinner with me and my mother? She would love to have you." She said. "Uh ok." I said.

"So, crutchie?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows. "Its not like that." She said blushing a little. "Whatevea ya say." I said. "I mean he's nice, and cute and maybe i do have a little crush on him, but that doesn't mean anything." She said as we both laughed. We finally got to her house and it was in a tiny apartment building. "Mom?" She yelled out and her mother came around the corner. "Elenor!" Her mother said. "Who's this?" She asked. "Mother this is, lilah." She said. "Pleasure to meet you." I said, remembering everything my father taught me so I would be more polite. "Well welcome! Sit, sit" She said motioning for us to sit down. She placed a bowl down on the table. "This looks delicious." I said. "Thank you! Now lilah what do you do?" She asked. "I sell newspapers." I said hesitant. "Oh, do you like it?" She asked. "I mean its how i eat, so i guess so." I said laughing a little bit. "Well, at least you like it." She said smiling.

"Thank you so much for the delicious food." I said saying goodbye to them. I walked down the stairs and headed Back to the lodging house, but when i was almost there i saw Race with someone, a girl? I decided to go over there just because. "Lilah!" He said smiling. "Hi Race, who's your friend?" I asked. "Oh, this is melody." He said. "Hi! I'm melody, like he just said." She said laughing. I don't like this bitch already. "Well its nice to meet you. I'm going to head back to the lodging house." I said turning around, i looked back and race was waving back.

4EVER [R.HIGGINS]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें