Ten

It was a little later and race had just gotten back to the lodging house. "So, Melody." I said emphasizing her name. "Oh, yeah uh. She's no one, ise just met her when i was sellin and we just talked nothin happened." He said. "So how was your day?" He asked breaking the awkwardness. "Eh, my friend got hurt by the Delanceys and so i tried to save her, so i bet up the Delanceys, and-" i was saying until Race cut me off. "Are you ok? Did they hurt youse?" He asked panicking, i don't know why he was panicking I've been in fights with the Delanceys many times. "Yeah I'm ok, just some bruises but I'm fine." I said. "Are you sure?" He asked. "I. Am. Fine. Besides why are you panicking all the sudden." I asked. "I dont know. I guess i just care about youse." He said we kinda sat there staring at each other until yet again he broke the awkwardness. "Uh ok, well I'm gonna go to sleep. See ya in the morning." He said going up in his bunk. "See ya Race." I said.

I went up to the roof and jack and crutchie was up there as usual. "Hey guys." I said. "Liliah!" Crutchie said. He usually wasn't this happy to see me but oh well. "Hey crutchie." I said "hey, so your friend Ella, does she uh. Well you know, uh." He said. "Come one spit it out." I said. "What crutchies trying to say is, does she have a boyfriend." Jack said. "Oh, um no actually." I said smirking. "Why, why are you smiling?" He asked nervously. "Because, the whole way back she was talking about you!" I said. Wow this is fun. "Your kiddin!" He said now smiling. "Nope!" I said. "So ya like her?" I asked. "Yea actually, she's really nice and she's really pretty." He said. "Aww." I said as jack mocked me. "So jack, anyone for you?" I asked teasing him, i knew he flirts with girls a lot, he just never thinks about them like that. "Oh, uh no." He said. "Don't worry, you'll find someone." I said getting up. "I don't wanna find someone right now, I'm just tryin not ta starve." He said. "Ok, well goodnight." I said.

I went back down to where everyone was sleeping, except Race. "Hey, why aren't ya sleepin?" I asked. "Oh uh, i don't know, too much on my mind." He said. "Well talk to me about it, I'm a good listener." I said grabbing his hand and pulling him down to my bunk. "Um, well. there's this girl, and ise really really like her. I just don't know how to tell her, ya know? Like what if she don't like me? What if she does? Where do i go from there?" He asked. "Hey race, calm down. Whoever this girl is, i bet she likes you. You're a great guy. Ok? Now get some sleep tomorrows another day." I said. He went back up to his bunk. My hopes of race likening me was gone, he was talking to that girl and she's probably the girl he really really likes. I went to sleep still with the topic of Race and that other girl.

I woke up the next morning and saw Race with that girl melody. i just rolled my eyes and kept on trying to sell. "Liliah!" I heard someone say. "Oh uh hey melody." I said. Its been a couple days since Race talked to me about her and now their a thing. "So, how are you?" She asked in a cheery highly annoying voice. "As good as I'll ever be." I said, and of course she laughed at that thinking it was a joke.

I saw Race walking up to up, I've completely fallen for him now, its just like how could you not? His dreamy blue eyes his usually messy dirty blonde hair, his smile. "Hey guys." He said smiling, all that boy ever does is smile, even though he cant eat most of the time or he is going on 2 hours of sleep, he still smiles. "Hey cutie!" Melody said hugging him. I rolled my eyes slightly. "Hey Liliah, how have ya been?" He asked. "Ok." I said. "I'm sorry to hear youse doin 'ok'." He said. He knew what 'ok' meant, he's been my best friend for almost 2 months. Ok meant I'm not in the best place.

"Well I'll leave you two alone, bye." I said leaving with a slight smile. It hurts to see them together, i mean they seem to really like each other. "Liliah!"i heard another person say, jeez everyone just wants to talk to me today even though i feel like shit and don't want to talk to anyone. "Ella!" I said, but honestly the only person i wanted to talk to WAS Ella. "Are you ok? You seem like you're in one of those moods." She said. "Yeah I'm fine." I said. "No you're not, come on talk to me." She said sitting down. I told her everything about whats been happening lately, it felt good to get everything off my chest.

Wooo! The next chapter will be more exciting, but tell me what you think in the comments! And yes i did change the name, i felt like this was more a Race x OC book so i changed it:)