Eleven

That night i was on the roof doing nothing just sitting by myself. I was looking out into the streets of New York, there wasn't much of a view, just someone getting yelled at by a baker, millions of blindings it seemed like. I was really to leave New York. I just had no money. I was getting lost in thought until i heard the door open, i shot my head back and it was you guessed it Race. "What are you doin up here all alone? It's freezin outside." He said. it wasn't freezing, it was a little chilly, it's June so it's kinda chilly at night. "Well one, I'm fine, and two i just need time ta think." I said. "Well I'm sorry I ruined that." He said getting up. "Hey, no, no stay." I said pulling him back down.

"So whatca thinkin about?" He asked. "Oh uh, nothing." I said. I couldn't tell him I'm in love with him and hate his girlfriend. He sat there with that stupid cigar in his mouth looking at the 'amazing view'. "Why do you even get these?" I asked taking the cigar out of his mouth. "Hey! Give that back!" He said. He got up and chased me around until he caught my hand and stole the cigar. "Do you get them just ta look cool?" I asked. "No." He said sitting down. I laughed a little and sat down with him.

He scooted closer to me and i put my head on his shoulder unintentionally, it kinda just happened. We sat there for a minute until i felt his hands intertwine with mine. I looked into his ocean blue eyes, and he looked into mine. I've never liked my eyes, I've always thought they where boing, just brown. Not even hazel or a dark brown, just brown. But somehow he was staring into mine just like i was staring into his. We leaned in closer and closer until, BAM! Our lips connected and it was like fireworks went off in my stomach. "Woah." I said pulling away, it wasn't a bad 'woah', it was a good 'woah'. "Woah." He replied. My cheeks where as red as a tomato, I could feel them burning. "I'm well I'm going to go. Goodnight Liliah." He said getting up. "Goodnight Race." I said before he went out he smiled at me and i smiled back blushing like an idiot.

The next morning I saw Albert and JoJo coming up o me. "YOU AND RACE ACTUALLY KISSED?" JoJo yelled. "SHHHH ALL OF NEW YORK IS GONNA HEAR YA!" I whispered sharply. "So did ya?" Albert asked. "Yeah, how did you guys find out?" I asked. "Race told us." JoJo said. Holy shit race was talking about our kiss! "Well what did he say?" I asked. "Oh, uh We'se cant tell ya that." Albert said. "Why not?" I asked. "Because Race might kill us." JoJo said. "Ugh, well I'm gonna go try to sell, see you guys later." I said.

Nothing happened for the whole day, no one really came up to me, no one talked to me. It was now almost night and I decided to stop sellin. Good thing I usually only get 20 papes on Thursday. I sold 10 so i had to throw the other 10 away sadly. I walked in said hey to everyone and just laid down, I didn't know what to do. Then i heard someone come down and i knew it wasn't a newsie, because I could hear heels on the wood floor. It was, melody? What was she doing here. On no, i hope she didn't find out about me and Races kiss, or else I'm dead. "Melody? What are you doin here?" Race asked. "Oh, I just wanted to see you." She said. "How did you get in here?" He asked looking around, everyone was looking at them.

"Oh i just snuck in here." She said giggling, ugh she is so annoying i want to punch her sometimes.it was quiet and awkward for a few seconds I went back to my bunk  and sat there until i saw Melody kissing Race. And to everyone's surprise he was trying to pull away. "I-i cant do this."  Race said breaking the second long kiss. "Why not?" She asked. "-be-because I'm, IM IN LOVE WITH LILAH!" He yelled my head shot up, did i hear that right? I walked over and everyone was staring at us, Melody was about to destroy me, but i didn't let that get in the way of anything because I could beat her up with my pinky. "Y-you love me?" I asked Race. "Yeah." He said, we where both blushing like idiots. i got closer and kissed him, right then and there, I didn't care if every newsie was in the room whooping and whistling. I heard Melody stomping down the stairs. "I love you too Race." I said pulling away from the kiss. "Hey, what did i miss?" Jack said coming up the stairs into the room. "Uh nothing." Race said pushing me away, we both knew If jack found out Race would be dead. "Uh ok?" He said. I would say tonight was a pretty good night.

Yay! Finally, the kiss lol. Tell me what you think in the comments!