(iv) Saved

December 19th 2018

Warehouse

Finally, it's Mina's favorite day of the week, "shower wednesday!", Donghae shouts as he knocks on Mina's door in the morning. Surprisingly, she's used her new life's routine. The only downside to her new life was boredom. Her daily activity consist of reading the same 'outdated-waiting-room' magazines or using her imagination to visualize what kind of adventures lies behind the forest. She has no one to complain or talk to except the three guards assigned to her; Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Siwon. At first they don't talk much, as they said they weren't ordered to talk to her, but to keep watch on her. She observes two of them from her room often on their smoke break, she sees them laughing and smiling with one another. Slowly but surely, she's gotten to know the three and she found out they aren't as cold as they seem.

Eunhyuk dreamed to be a great chef, however, family circumstances needed him to work as a constructor. He never got a chance to touch pots and pans until he stumbled here. Mina thought he would make a great chef, she would gladly be a loyal customer. Siwon was drunk out of his mind before stumbling upon this place, he was threatened at first to leave, but they found out he was a shunned boxer, whose trainer backstabbed and left him for dead after stealing his winning championship pot. Mina apologies to him because she would never want to see him fight, even if there were rules to protect the players. Siwon laughed at her and thank her for considering seeing him dance in the ring. Then there was Donghae, he had nothing before coming here, he lost something special and had no sense of purpose in life until Doojoon gave him one. Out of everything, he was the most secretive with Mina. Mina respected his privacy and told him if there was ever a time he needed someone, he surely knows where to find her.

All three left out the fact it was not Doojoon who gave them a new start in life, but it was Jeongyeon who saw potential in all of them. But they know, their boss would kill them if they disclose that kind of information. Jeongyeon does have a reputation to uphold.

Mina's opinion about Yoo Jeongyeon, has undoubtedly, not changed since their last encounter. A cold-hearted man with little to no care for other people rather than himself. On top of that, a playboy. She saw a woman seductively and eagerly dragging him by his tie into her office. She knows people like Jeongyeon, her uncle, Haraku. He wasn't a cruel man with his blood family, but he wasn't the warmest either. To rule over Japan like that, he had an iron fist over his men and people close to him. Every corner of Japan knew him as 'the Ghost of Kobe', people feared him like a God, and it was unbelievable. She's seen him 'pistol whip' one of his men in front of her because he bought them the wrong kind of milk for the house. A simple human mistake that shouldn't end in a physical form of punishment. It breaks Mina's heart a little, what she can't understand is why the same men stayed loyal. They say he's a man to look up to and they would gladly die for him. Mina to this day still can't understand why. If he does that to his own men, imagine what he does to the people who go against him.

She's just glad to be away from all that mess now, afraid that Niko would become the same after their father passed away and they had no one to turn to but their uncle. Mina was glad her father brought them to Korea when Niko was still young, Mina decided to stay there for good, staying away from that toxic environment in hopes of a better future. But now, she's trapped in the same kind of life she ran away from.

---

The 40 square feet simple bathroom consists of a sink, toilet, and shower. The bathroom was always clean, no one uses it besides Mina and that was Jeongyeon's order. Mina stepped into the shower, toes flinching as they touched the chilled ceramic floor. Her mind was in shreds. She turned the dial, old and metallic, releasing lukewarm drops, darkening her long black hair and trickled down her lean white skin back. She felt relaxed and calm.