(vii) Happy New Year

Seoul police station

"I told you my story why can't you help me?!" Jimin yelled at the officer behind the desk. The latter sighed and sat back.

"Young man, please calm down. It is obvious that your fiancé chose to leave willingly with her brother to Japan."

"She would never leave me," Jimin was devastated, he sat on the chair and read the letter for the nth time "we're going to spend forever and she won't give up on us that easily!" he held her gold ring, "... she wouldn't"

"I am sorry but I can't help you, especially that she and her brother are of age. There's no evidence to show she was forced or taken out of a will," the officer looks pitifully at Jimin, "have you tried contacting her again?"

"I've tried!" Jimin ruffled his hair, "I just got home from volunteering in Africa! Shit signal or no signal. We had fought for sure! but we were fine before I left. She wouldn't just ... leave."

"Son," the officer sits down next to Jimin, "this may be hard to accept now, but I've seen people pull through. Marriage is ... very tricky and it seemed your fiance was unhappy. We cannot predict or control what people feel, you want her happy?" Jimin blankly nods, "then give her some space to think son ... if you were destined, then she'll come back."

Jimin nodded, he shook hands with the police officer and left the police station. He stood outside drenched in the rain, he looked at his engagement ring and sighed, "where are you my angel?"

Yoo Manor

Mina was restless, she was a little dazed as to where she was, but remembered about the fire and Jeongyeon saving her. She turned to find Jeongyeon sleeping on the chair next to her. His hand was so close to hers ... 'did we held hands?' Mina thought. Jeongyeon wasn't sleeping in the most comfortable position but she was hesitant. She giggled as Jeongyeon started to make small grunting sounds and scrunching his face, clearly seen he was uncomfortable. What Mina didn't realize was her body leaning towards him until Baekhyun voice startled her.

"You're awake," he smirked when she saw Mina's blushing face and sudden back peddling. Jeongyeon also jerked awake. "Mornin' to both of you," he walks to Mina, "I'm going to check on you." Jeongyeon watches as Beakhyun touch Mina ... he can't help to grip the chair a little tighter every time Beakhyun's hand touches Mina.

Beakhyun listened to Mina's heart, "I hope they're good dreams you had ... your heart's racing," Beakhyun teases the girl. Jeongyeon tilts his head like a confused puppy, watching Mina in worry.

'STOP BEING SO CUTE!' Mina thought when she glanced at Jeongyeon, "um ... yes, good dream, don't worry doc," Mina smiles trying to subdue Jeongyeon's worry.

"Well everything seems to be fine with you Mina"

Jeongyeon gets up slowly, "all right then, you can leave now."

"Jeongyeon, your shoulder-"

"-IS FINE. I won't put so much stress on it for a few days. Don't worry I will rest," Jeongyeon cuts him off, reassuring him he will finally rest. Beakhyun bowed after packing his things and left.

Jeongyeon offered Mina his bathroom to shower, as she did, Jeongyeon was finally left with his thoughts. He still can't wrap around his actions, the fear of seeing Mina lifeless then the electrifying surge of relief when he saw her breathing again. He's certain the 'hostage' label for her, he keeps saying to himself is no longer valid. Something was happening ... and Jeongyeon just can't understand what, "what are you doing to me Myoui mina?"

Mina felt rejuvenated, feeling the warm water cascading down her skin was heavenly. She's enjoying every bit of dirt and grim falling off her. She didn't even notice the time.