(xii) Kingdom down

Time ticked down, with each passing second was a risk Mina was taking making sure Jeongyeon gets the peace he always wanted. She doesn't work well under stress, but she wrote everything down. Numbers, dates, and names. "Jung Joonho?" Mina murmured while placing the files back. She couldn't get his face out of her mind, a badly drawn attempt of a dragon tattoo on his neck and a mole under his right eye. Mina rushed to get out before getting caught, in the rush, she knocked down the chair and winced in pain as she placed it back. Mina prayed her endeavor was useful for Jeongyeon.

Niko walked slowly to his desk, he carefully readjusted the misplaced pen, "odd." he noticed things. Being a thief before, he's immaculate. Too careful with everything, it has paid off in many circumstances. He walked around the room noticing the usual indents his chair used to sit was visible, "someone's been naughty." Niko checked the drawer, the files were still there, but the pages looked like they were hastily put back together. Niko gritted his teeth. There were only two people who could enter his room without permission, Haytham and Mina. Niko deduced Haytham wouldn't mess around in here anyway, that left only Mina. He clenched his fist and leaves to talk with his sister.

He walked in Mina's room and found her reading on her couch. "Niko~ you're back. Let's watch a movie." She was about to hug the latter but was stopped.

"Why did you go through my things?"

Mina yelped, she was very careful and didn't think Niko would notice this easily. But she smiled, "I-I needed a pen." she lied.

Niko calmly walked to Mina's desk, he suddenly broke her chair. "A PEN?! You think I'm stupid noona?!" Niko fumed, his eyes burned with anger. Mina backed away, afraid her loving brother might actually hurt her. She felt a different aura from Niko, a lot more sinister. "Where? Where is it?! give.it.to.me.NOW." Niko held out his hand, he saw the fear in Mina's eyes but he didn't care. Mina shook grabbing the piece of paper to Niko. As soon as she did, she immediately back away.

Niko was hurt, he thought his only sister has chosen him over the man who would destroy them as a family. Niko's head hung low, he still couldn't believe his own blood was going to betray him, "love is truly blind ... you know Mina ... life has not been kind to both of us growing up. Dad worked his ass off for both of us, and what? He's dead. You worked and fell in love with a man who's only around when you sleep and gone when you're awake. That's just fucked up. You deserved the world. WE. DESERVED. THE. WORLD. Haytham and I are going to give us that! NOT FUCKING YOO JEONGYEON."

"He gave you a second chance."

"What he gave me was a choice with no way out. If you think him pointing a gun to my head and threatening me with my sister's life on the line was a second chance, then I must salute his prowess in blinding women."

"Niko I-"

"FORGOT THAT HE TRIED KILLING US?! Yeah, you did! He's fucking his assistant! Stop being delusional Mina! That man does not know what love is! If he does, where is he?! He's not saving you that's for sure."

Mina looked everywhere but Niko, hesitant to say Niko was right. Mina doubts Jeongyeon's love for her, will she ever be his reason to live?

Niko walked slowly towards his sister, "Noona, I want a brighter future for both of us. I want you to have the picket fence you dreamed of, I want you to find someone who would put you up on a pedestal, I want nieces or nephews, I want to have you in my life." Niko held up the piece of paper Mina wrote, "this will give us all of that. This will secure an upper hand on Yoo Jeongyeon, and finally, we can take down the beast." Mina finally stared into Niko's sinister eyes, she can't imagine a life without Yoo Jeongyeon. "Jeongyeon will disappear from this world and I will be the one who does it."