o n e : g i v e n

Y/N's POV

Tears fell from my eyes as I drug the cold razor blade across my thigh. I wasn't crying because of the pain I was crying because of my insecurities.

My mother, Leigh-Ann, had once again screamed at and slapped me for no reason. While my step-father, Brady, watched and laughed. They had always hated me, mainly because of who my father was but also because of me just being me.

I know who my real father is, but we're not aloud to see each other. Mom always said that he was a dickhead and didn't want me around him. So she refused to let us spend time together.

After I had about seven or eight cuts on my thigh, I set the razor down. Then I cleaned up my leg, and went to bed.

Tony's POV

At midnight on a Monday, I got a call from Leigh-Ann, I was still awake working in my lab/workshop.

"Hello?" I say as I answer the phone.

"Tony, there's something up with Y/N and I don't want her here anymore" she says.

"What do you mean something's up?"

"She's been acting......strange"
Leigh-Ann starts, "she started getting into weird music, she wears black ripped skinny jeans no matter what the temperature is, and has become really distant"

"What do you want me to do about that? You won't even let me see her" I say, as harsh as it sounded.

"Well, I don't care anymore. I don't want her living with me" she says, "I want her to go live with you"

I was shocked at this, I hadn't ever seen what Y/N looks like. I just know she's a girl. And Leigh-Ann wants her to come live with me.

"I'm all for that, but what does Y/N want to do?" I ask.

"It doesn't matter what she wants, she's fifteen" she says harshly.

"Okay. When do you want me to come get her?" I ask as I stand up from my chair.

"As soon as possible" she spat, "this girl is a disgrace"

"Hey!" I shout into the phone, "don't say that abo-."

I got half way through my sentence, when she hung up. I stood up and ran my hand through my hair.

After a couple minutes of thinking, I decided to go get Y/N tomorrow, and talk to Pepper tomorrow morning.

Pepper knows about Y/N and has always wanted to meet her, and so have I. So I'm hoping she doesn't get too upset.

Next Morning : Tony's POV

I wake up and roll over to look at the clock, which read 8:54. I sigh and roll over to Pepper. I start to wake her up.

"Pepper, wake up I've gotta tell you something" I say as I shake her gently.

Pepper rolled over and snuggled into the blankets. I chuckle to myself and continue to wake her.