e i g h t : w h o ?

8:57 am
Next Day
Y/N's POV

I wake up and roll off my bed, making sure my feet hit the ground so I don't fall. I get up and walk into the bathroom. I look into the mirror and just stare at the horrifying reflection.

My face is pale as snow, my hair looks almost black when it should be about twenty times lighter, I have big black bags under my eyes, and my long hair is a ratted mess. I pick up a chunk of my hair and try to imagine myself with shorter hair. Maybe I should do that! Maybe if I change everything about the way I am—not personality wise—I might become happy. If I cut my hair, maybe even color it, wear more colorful clothing, and wear makeup to cover up my scars, cuts, and pale face, it might effect me in a good way.

I walk out of my bedroom and look for some clothes to wear. I found some light,
washed-out, blue, ripped skinny jeans, light grey vans, and a maroon hoodie. I put the outfit on and start to brush my hair. Once it's brushed, I start to pull it back into a long French braid. My hair is so long that the end of the braid reaches about to my waist line.

I walk back into the bathroom and start brushing my teeth. Once I finish brushing my teeth, I look at the clock—9:34–then walk down stairs.

I look around and see Dad sitting on a barstool eating a bowl of grapes. I go and sit next to him and try to start a conversation.

"Can I-Can I cut and color my hair?" I ask bluntly.

Dad practically choked on a grape and snorted, which almost caused me to laugh.

"Uh I don't know, why do you want to do that?" He asks.

"I don't really know. I just want too." I reply.

"Um okay, well how about you ask Pepper and see what she thinks," Dad suggests.

"Okay, where is she?" I ask.

"Where's who?" Pepper says as she walks into the kitchen.

"You actually," Dad says, "Y/N here would like to cut and color her hair, does that sound okay to you?"

"Yes of course! New school, new life, new style, it sounds perfect!" Pepper exclaims with a clap,  "Let's go get it all done today!"

"Okay, what time are we gonna leave?" I ask.

"The salon I go to opened about seventeen minutes ago, so we can leave in a few minutes if that's alright with you," Pepper said.

"Sounds good to me," I say, my head perking up as I say it.

"Let me just go put my shoes on and grab the car keys then we'll get going," She says as she starts to walk towards the shoe rack by the front door.

"Okay," I say, "I'm gonna go grab my phone I'll be right back."

I hear a few 'okay's as I walk away and jog up stairs. Once I reach my room I walk in and grab my phone and my ear buds.

As I walk back down stairs I see that I have a text message from Peter.

Peter: Good Morning😁