~ One ~

"Robyn, Robyn. Where are you?"

"Has anyone seen Robyn?" Freja yells at the top of her lungs. She began to fly around the village.

"You, over there. What's your name?" She lands next to a young boy. She slams her trident into the ground.

"M-my name. Im Kyon." His voice shook in fear and confusion. He looks up at the Superior angel and almost faints.

"You Kyon, have you seen Robyn?" She points her large silver trident at him.

"You mean Robyn, as in the one with red wings, right?"

"Yes... she's the only angel with red hair and pale skin, of course it's her." Freja says with a sigh. She gives Kyon a good hard, cold stare for being no help, scaring his little soul with her fiery blue eyes.

ROBYNS P.O.V

My mother, the village Superior can be the most obsessive, detail oriented, and annoying angel in the village. But unfortunately for everyone that lives here up in the northern village, and she outranks everyone.

I'm Robyn, the angel with red hair and pale skin, the reject. You've most likely heard of me. My red hair, red wings, grey eyes and pale skin are so strange and unique, people are to scared to come close to me. Out of my four sisters, I'm the youngest. One of my sisters Graiy is a bit different, like me. She has short, light brown hair, but otherwise she's just like everyone else, the same.

Our race, the Nijòry people, have been exiled from other angels tribes because of our strange ways and supernatural powers. Our island is sealed by the other tribes, meaning none of us can leave. We are hated by others, but I have never understood why.

I have seen almost every inch of our island. But I want to see more, what's out there, I've always wanted to explore, ever since I was little. I land on a large spruce and rest my wings. I brush out any dust bits with my fingers, I try to be as gentle and careful as possible. I don't have any friends, just an owl. Us angels can communicate with birds, it's a strange little power of ours. I spot a small patched bird flutter towards me. Its my owl Nivin, she is my only real friend.

"Hey Nivin, Come here sweetie." She listens to me and swoops down and perches on smaller branch next to me. She begins to clean herself as well.

"You do realise we you can't fly this far everyday, you'll get wing sprain." Nivins tone lets me know she's quite annoyed with me.

"Well seems you need I need to do it more often Niv, doesn't it? Once you can fly better, we should go on an adventure, and escape this island and just fly as far as we can. We can find something new, how does that sound?" I try to be as convincing as possible.

She continues to chirp on. "Like what? A large fire breathing dragon?" She rolls her eyes and settles down on her branch.

"Sure why not?"

"Robyn you do realise dragons only live on Urokvíñ? And we are incapable of leaving this island." She gives me attitude.

"Well if we ever travel there remind to bring back dragon." I shake my wings to get any last bits dust out and fold them down to rest. Nivin copies.

"Well when you die trying to capture a dragon, I'm not planing your death ceremony for you." She turns away from me. Nivin can be a little rat when she wants to. I hear large wings flap through the air. I cock my head to see blinding white wings. I cover my eyes, only just seeing what's landing below.

"ROBYN!" My name fills the air. Oh no.. my mother tends to make her entrances as extraordinary as possible.

"That's mother, you better go Niv." She nods her head. Nivin flaps her wings as she soars off and I descend onto the floor, playing my escape in my mind.

"Yes mother....." I gave her a wicked little smirk. I had no interest in what she was going to say, toying with my mother is not something I enjoy doing daily.

"You are com-" she was cut off by the intense flap of my wings as I flew higher and higher into the sky. I quickly dived down and then stretched my wings out to glide over her, scaring the life out of her. Screams echo around the island.

"Get your self back down here NOW YOUNG LADY." She screamed, her face going bright red. She hates me for this very reason. I quickly slowed my self, hovering in front of her.

"To late." I said and flew off straight into the clouds. Faint screams fill the air.

I push myself higher and higher until I am just at the border of the island. I am a free as I'll ever be. I touch the large dome surrounding our island. Its cold, almost like the island is unhappy. Those other tribes clearly hate us enough to permanently seal our island. It has been this way for many centuries.

I give my wings a good hard push and off I go. I look down to see a small figure, its Nivin. She begins to swoop down on an unsuspecting mouse. So I decide to go swoop her. I lock onto her and dive, as fast and elusively as I can. Right before I reach her I spread my red wings and grab her, bringing a high pitch squeal out of her little yellow beak.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR ROBYN!" She knows I hate being yelled at. We land down to the lake to rest.

"I told you not to yell at me." I gave her a cold hard stare, and anxiously waited for a response. She bows her head for a drink, followed by her vigorously shaking her head to get any water off her.

"Well...." She looks up at me, but seems unsettled. She lowers her head down, like she was scared, then flew off in a heart beat.

"What was that for!" I yell at Nivin. I try and look for the small owl, hoping that I can follow her. Suddenly, a sensation of two warm claws touch my bare shoulder.

I scream!

"Why did you have scare me and come back you little rat!" I'm angry, but at the same time, happy she didn't leave.

"I though I saw your mother, but it was just Astrid and Phoenix." Astrid and Phoenix are my eldest sisters.

"I get scared when I see Phoenix, after she froze my wings. I thought I'd never fly again!"

"Stop over exaggerating Nivin." I think about how she froze Nivins wings. I never like using my powers. When angels are born we are given special markings, they can appear on either your face, back or chest. The colour of them also determines your powers.

Angels with red markings get fire powers, blue is ice and water, green is nature and purple is all three, only the best angels get purple markings. But I have red and black markings. I'm not sure what black means but other angels tend to associate it with evil but I don't agree.

"Well, I think I might go see if I can find Graiy, wanna come with me Niv?" She turns her body away and spins her head behind her.

"No way, nope!"

"Okay then, I'll find you later on." As I turn to fly off, a large thud hits the ground behind us, and I turn to see my least favourite sight.

Authors Note:
How was chapter 1? I'd like feedback since this is my first time writing a book. I'll keep editing until its perfect.