~ Nineteen ~

ROBYNS P.O.V

"Wake up you lazy ass!" I shove Nivin to give her a hard time waking up. She groans and rolls over to face me.

"I'm not budging." She states firmly.

"Fine, i'll just go be a hero and save Rayla, all by myself!" I say with attitude. That gets her attention, she wriggles around to stand upright once again.

"Never mind Robyn, I'm all energetic and ready to go!" She chirps. I roll my eyes at her and walk away.

"Nivin, are you with me or not?"

"I'll always be with you, i'll be there in case anything happens, that way I can seek help."

"Thank you Niv." I say honestly. I flick my hair behind my ear to allow for Nivin to rest upon my shoulder. She flaps her tiny wings and thoughtfully lands on my shoulder. I walk back towards the forest.

"Where now?" Nivin questions.

"West, and you'll go east. If you cannot find her, return here, then head out north, and I'll travel out south."

"If you say so." She responds quietly. She shakes her wings and flaps towards to east direction.

"But you're sure you won't need me with you?"

"I'll be fine Nivin, now go!" I say sheepishly, in worry about Nivins safety with Blacze possibly still out there.

"But if you see Ryeighnér," I shout out, "make sure she knows I'm okay!"

"I promise Robyn! Now don't stress over me, look after yourself for once in a while." I nod at her and she beats her wings, as she flys into the distance. I take to the sky and head out west, towards the west colony, home to daughter of Superior Merlyinê, Harlyquin.

Harlyquin is a beautiful young woman, black black hair, so similar to her mothers. Large white wings, and delicate green eyes. She has a soft purple flower marking in between her eyebrows, and a single purple line under her left eye. She has the ability to summon dark magic spells, but she prefers not to speak about it.

Chunks of hail begin to drop from the clouds. The hit my wings from top to bottom. The pain is excruciating, but I need to push through. The hail begins to become bigger, heavier, and more irritating. The burning pain grows with each piece that hits my bare back.

'Eternal flame'

My wings light up, to help melt the hail and prevent it from hitting me as much. I can still feel a few smaller pieces hit me, but they hardly hurt compared to the larger ones. I can just make out the West Colony in front of me. I push my wings harder and faster. The Colony quickly becomes more clear the closer I get.

A few hundred meters away from the Colony, I land in amongst the large spruce trees to take cover from any more hail. I click my fingers, making the flames on my wings extinguish. I try to brush out some of the feathers with my fingers, but its hopeless. A small rabbit hops past, darting in and out of the bushes. My stomach gurgles, like my hunger is growling at me. The rabbit wouldn't mind if I just... ate it?

I hover above to top of the trees, hail hits my head, leaving me with an annoying headache. I slowly fly around, carefully scouting the area for the tiny, delicious rabbit. Should I cook it or leave it raw. Or maybe chop it and make rabbit stew...

I drop down through the trees so the ground is closer, which also means the yummy rabbit is closer as well. I land down near a clearing, where plenty of rabbits probably feed, juicy, plump rabbits. I lick my lips in excitement, I cannot wait to catch this rabbit.

I walk out onto the field, and spot at least five large rabbits, and my catch of the day, the tiny rabbit. I lift off the ground to ensure my element of surprise isn't ruined. Gently, I flap my wings over towards the rabbits, I quietly take my dagger out of my shoe, and hold it above the rabbit. My dagger is inches away from the rabbit, as I go to stab the rabbit, a large down pour of hail starts up again, scaring the rabbit from my reach.

"Damnit!" I yell, scaring the rabbits even further away from me.

'If I fly quick enough, I can catch those dirty, moist... flavoursome rabbits'

I dart towards the clouds, the hail will most likely leave some bruises on my face, but thats not important right now. Rapidly, I divert my attention onto the rabbits.

"You won't lose me so easily this time rabbits!" I think aloud. I thrash my wings up and down as swiftly as I possibly can. I'm so close to them now, its as if I can just grab them from the grassy field and swallow them whole. Another amazing idea jumps into my mind,

'Eternal flame, I can set the grass alight and surround the rabbits, and them quickly roast them and scoop them up!'

I snap my fingers and bellow out,

"Eternal flame!" A flaming red circle surrounds the five rabbits, giving them all a good scare. I bring the circle closer and closer together, until the rabbits are screaming in terror. The eternal flame cannot hurt them, but when I use my powers rather than spells, the rabbits will roast.

Keeping them in an enclosed circle, I build up a decent fire in my palms. I gracefully land my feet on the ground and walk over to the terrified rabbits. They look at me with sad eyes, like they are pleading for safe passage.

"To bad you stupid rabbits, i'll eat you anyway!" I say, giving them a hard, cold stare. I take the flame in my palm and set fire to the grass. It slowly creeps towards the rabbits, I use my hands to guide it towards them. The huddle together for the last time in their tiny lives. The fire sizzles as the hail continues to fall. A smell i've never smelt before fills my nose. I turn to see a dark figure in the trees near my prey.

Two pale hands emerge from the trees, as soft words blow in the breeze,

"Peace." They speak, I turn my attention onto the rabbits, each one of them is dead on the floor. I'm left shaking, I kneel down beside the flames as they engulf the dead rabbits. The figure walks towards my scared body.

"Who are you, and what kind of spell is that?" I ask with worry. They come into the light, its a beautiful young angel, with the whitest wings I've ever laid eyes on, her eyes are pale green, and her platinum blonde hair flows past her hips. She wears a long, cream coloured hooded robe that covers her head.

"My name is Derieri, Harlyquin sent me to find you."

Authors note:
Wow I suck at uploading at the moment. I'm currently taking a writers workshop so hopefully my writing improves. Enjoy :)