~ Twenty ~

"Harlyquin... sent you?" My eyebrows sit in a confused position. The hail continues to pour down, the rain soaks my hair and wings.

"Yes Robyn, you should know how benevolent she is, of course she'd send someone to find you." The woman speaks, she lifts her hood off her head to reveal all of her hair. Instantly, its drowned in water from the heavy rain and hail.

"Harlyquin never liked me as a child how come she likes me now?" I ask.

"She has no need to shun you. She may not like you, but if she wants you safe, then she will make sure it happens. Now please, collect your meal, and lets be on our way."

"Your names Derieri, right?"

"Yes, now please, we need to leave." I stand up from the muddy ground and scoop up my soggy rabbits. I snap my fingers and whisper in my head, 'Eternal flame.' My wings light up with bright flames, giving Derieri a fright.

"Robyn... your wings... Why are they on fire?!" She exclaims.

"Its called a spell." I roll my eyes. We begin to walk towards the Western village.

"Anyway," I begin, "so what powers do you have? You look like you have the nature ability."

"Actually, I don't have an ability." I stop in my tracks and turn to face her.

"How can you have no ability?!"

"I have no need for an ability when I have spells to protect me." This woman gets on my nerves.

"I'm not sure I understand... Derieri, was it? How can you have no ability but be able to use spells, what kind of spells could you possibly use, you cannot use fire, water, earth or air. So what do you use?" The smoke off my wings begins to blur out my vision, I rub my eyes in attempt to clear out my eyes. I drop the rabbits onto the muddy floor, and just decide to leave them their.

"That's none of your concern, can you still fly with your wings like that?"

"Yeah, it doesn't stop me from flying." I state, 'This woman must be dumb'.

"Good, we take to the sky, and you better follow me!" I roll my eyes at Derieri and she rolls hers back at me. A small giggle escapes me as I take to the crying sky. The wind is so rough, like sand striking me all over my bare skin.

"How far is the flight from here to the village?" I shout over all the rain and hail. The sky booms as thunder rumbles, the ground beneath us shakes, scared birds take to the sky.

"Only a minute or two!" Derieri responds back, shouting at me. I push my wings, I feel as if they will drop off my back. I hold my arms in front of my eyes to help me see better, it makes no difference to my vision. As I look up to make sure Derieri is still in sight, lightning strikes a tall, old spruce tree, sending it into a burst of flames. They are quickly extinguished by the heavy rain.

They only way I can still see Derieri, is from her extraordinary white wings. They glow like fireflies, so it would be hard to lose her. I tilt my head to see the village a few hundred meters away from us.

"We need to fly faster! We need shelter!" I shout out to Derieri. She sits her body upright, stopping herself from moving, I quickly reach her position, I snatch her hands and hold her close.

"Are you cold?"

"I'm fine, please let go." I can tell she's cold, her hands are shaking uncontrollably, and her lips quivering.

"Don't lie to me Derieri. Now please stay still. And you don't have any issue with smoke do you?"

"No. Why's that?" She struggles to move away from me, I hold her hands tighter.

"Eternal flame." I speak aloud. A frighted look crawls onto her face. My hands light up with bright flames, smoke pours down and drifts away instantaneously. The flames creep off my hands and travel around her body, they lay themselves onto her wings and arms. Her eyes widen with curiosity and worry.

"So I won't burn?"

"Not at all, just be careful not to get the smoke in your eyes." I wink at her and release her hands from my grip. She takes her hands back and shakes them out.

"Now let's move, dive down under the tree tops, it will provide cover from the storm and theres enough room for our wings to fit through the trees." She begins to fly towards the trees, but turns to look back at me. I nod my head and gently tilt my body towards the trees. With a hard push of my wings, I dive directly into the trees. With luck I avoid each one, turning through all the trees with grace, I use all my known skills to avoid each tree. The space between each is as wide as Derieri said, but my wings are just to large.

"Almost there!" She shouts back at me. I nod, I move my wings faster to catch up. Within seconds I'm at the same speed as Derieri.

"Gee your slow!" I tease. My wings move faster and faster. Derieri begins to pick up speed, gaining on my current position. Up ahead I see the village, only a hundred or so meters away. I turn to see Derieri struggling to keep up with me, her cloak slows her down. With only a few more quick and powerful flaps of my soaking wet wings I skid down into the wet mud.

"Well look who won?!"

Authors note:
I. Missed. Wattpad.
But im back with the almighty chapter 20 so I hope you all enjoyed it :)